NO VR for one x means Ill be moving over to the sony camp

Discus and support NO VR for one x means Ill be moving over to the sony camp in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had one playstation when they first came out and an xbox when it first came out. Thats the only PS I have ever bought and Ive been a loyal xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SnugSix, Oct 10, 2017.

1. SnugSix
    SnugSix Guest

Had one playstation when they first came out and an xbox when it first came out. Thats the only PS I have ever bought and Ive been a loyal xbox customer buying every new console that microsoft put out from there on out. Well that seems to be coming to
    an end with the stance they are taking on VR for their console. I will be skipping the xbox one x and my next console will be a playstation as long as they make some minor improvements for vr on their next console.

:)

SnugSix, Oct 10, 2017
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Release VR support for Xbox one already!

VR is too expensive. VR googles which look goofy are too expensive. People complain US$499 is too expensive.

And then look how well Kinect has done.... Microsoft has stopped selling and manufacturing Kinect. And have sold out of Kinect too including Kinect adapters for the Xbox One S and Xbox One X consoles. They also dropped Kinect gestures support for Xbox One
    too.

Also how many people ON XBOX, are genuinely interested in VR AND who won't freak out at the cost of it? Sony set's an RRP price of NZ$699 for the Sony PS4 VR goggles. Microsoft sells HoloLens thingy for $1000-$4000. I mean who is going to pay THAT much just
    for VR?

We are living in the 21st century, where surprise 1990's mechanical fusion HDD's are still in circulation in modern PC's and where we still don't have warp technology and space ships with transporter technology yet. Don't expect a lot out of 21st century
    technology, or be prepared to spend a lot for it.

smileskybird, Oct 10, 2017
  3. jimpesmark
    jimpesmark Guest
    Could you use a virtual reality controller with Xbox

I was reading and watching videos about these companies that are making VR controllers to be used with VR head sets like the oculus rift. i saw an interview from the CEO of sixense
    Sixense Store and he said his controllers would work with different VR head sets including the Sony one. Would it be possible to use controllers like this on xbox one ? I mean we know sony
    uses controllers already with there system but with kinect you don't need it.

jimpesmark, Oct 10, 2017
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

What do you mean the stance they're taking? They said not right now because they want to focus on the console launch and the 4k games etc. VR will be down the line. They have a contract with Oculus Rift for crying out loud so I'm
    sure they'll do something unless I've missed an announcement where they said they won't do it at all?

brandiesel1, Oct 10, 2017
  5. They are doing the right thing by concentrating on 4k.

Not because I believe 4k will become the mainstream resolution anytime soon but because they will need those optimisations for VR games.

VR to work best needs a high resolution for each eye and their needs to be 90 frames per second at least for a smooth experience. 30 to 60 frames per second may be okay for watching on a monitor but as close to your eyes as a VR headset gets, they simply don't
    get the job done.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 10, 2017
  6. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    enjoy the fad while you can, oh and happy Curly Bill day!

Burnin TODI, Oct 10, 2017
  7. User 9242019
    User 9242019 Guest
    There is no loyalty reward. Literally no one will miss you. Bye

User 9242019, Oct 10, 2017
  8. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Is VR still a thing?

Thought it had came & gone already.

Mind you,there's plenty of VR headsets that people have traded in so at least you can pick one up cheap.

You play games on whatever system you want,no need to announce it.

Daft Badger, Oct 10, 2017
  9. NO VR for one x means Ill be moving over to the sony camp [​IMG]

A Blue Illusion, Oct 10, 2017
  10. I wonder if the PS forums ever had a "The PS doesn't have a kinect so I'm going to buy a Xbox!" thread?

Goth Vampirella, Oct 10, 2017
  11. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Doubt it as they had the ever popular PlayStation eye toy thing

Daft Badger, Oct 11, 2017
  12. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    @SnugSix

You have to do what you have to do, but all I am suggesting is that you look at VR as a whole and not just "That looks great, I want it"

VR as a whole isn't really doing very well, the games simply aren't there, yes there are a couple of "experiences" but that's exactly what they are experiences, they aren't full "games".

Look at Skyrim VR, people who have played it say its cool as a gimmick, but you cant play the whole game because it simply doesn't work. You cant walk around, instead you "warp" to where you want to go to (because the whole motion sickness is really bad when
    they tested it with your character walking)

Plus if you really want VR, why not go with a PC gaming rig?

PC's can actually handle VR and you will get a much better VR experience than on PS4

Shaggy2000, Oct 11, 2017
  13. NO VR for one x means Ill be moving over to the sony camp

It isn't as easy as saying PCs can handle VR.

The earliest cards you can realistically use for VR is a GTX970 or R9 290. Those tend to still command fairly high prices, and are quite power hungry, so moving up to the more modern cards you could go for the less powerful GTX 1050ti, but that's still going
    to be costing you over $150.

So you are at $150 just for one part. Add in processor, RAM, motherboard, PSU, case, etc. Well realistically you are looking at around $650 as a starting price for a PC that can run VR at decent frame rates. Then add in $450 for a VR setup and you are over
    a $1000 for VR on PC.

A thousand dollars for a decent VR experience. It's not surprising that people are pinning their hopes on the consoles to provide them with a VR experience.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 11, 2017
  14. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    VR is really cool in my opinion, but only in small doses.

brandiesel1, Oct 11, 2017
  15. VR people are a bunch of geeks. If you want to play in reality, go outside. Do gymnastics, play in the playground, go to the pool or beach. Better to blow the large price tag of VR equipment on something better imo.

xXNic0l3w0lfyXx, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

1. NO VR for one x means Ill be moving over to the sony camp - Similar Threads - means Ill moving

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Can someone tell me what this icon means?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can someone tell me what this icon means?: [img] I’m wondering what this means 31338fa0-3a75-45f1-b015-f8feefd03834
  4. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  5. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  6. What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean?: What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean? f4835a83-57b6-433a-9048-d110c7bc140f
  7. Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?: Every time I try to make a purchase with my card or Microsoft balance I get this message. For the card it charges me anyway then immediately refunds it. I've tried waiting but this has been going...
  8. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  9. If I'm banned indefinitely does that mean I will never get to play Xbox again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm banned indefinitely does that mean I will never get to play Xbox again?: It says I'm banned indefinite which means that it hasn't been decided but I've also been doing research and it says that you basically can't get back into Xbox servers until 9999 which is lifetime...
  10. Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can...: Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can taunt and team kill as well say whatever in voice chat and no penalty? I don't understand the...