No video when remote playing to my laptop

Discus and support No video when remote playing to my laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Long story short. When I remote play to my phone, I have not issues. Audio and Video is there. But, when I try and remote play to my laptop... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaraCloe, Aug 30, 2023.

1. RaraCloe
    RaraCloe Guest

Hello,

Long story short. When I remote play to my phone, I have not issues. Audio and Video is there. But, when I try and remote play to my laptop all I get is audio.

I've had this issue for a while now. I am connected via Wifi on both my laptop and Xbox. I haven't had any issues with it in the past. I have tried to reconnet the console to the network. Forget it and re-connect it to my laptop. Eveything is up to date, the app and the console itself. Again, it's all working fine on my phone.

Just not my laptop. The xbox is giving me the notification when I disconnet from the remove play but not that I am connected. I don't really know what else to try and help would be appreciated

:)

RaraCloe, Aug 30, 2023
  2. RaraCloe Win User

Hi Tomm_A

- No, I am unable to connect my laptop through wired connection. There is no space for another ethernet cable in our modem.

- I am the only person that uses the xbox - I live in a house of PS5 players, they won't touch my xbox with a 6 foot stick, lol.

- I've removed and re-connected my xbox quite a few times, I get the same results.

I am so sorry for being difficult, I am just at my wits end ans I feel like I've tried anything. I've been unable to use remote play a few months now.

Kind Regards

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello RaraCloe,

Thank you for your prompt response.

As per the information provided, internet speed requirement for remote play meets the requirement.

It is possible that the cause of having video issue during remote play is related to the graphic driver of your device or settings. You can try updating your graphic driver by checking available updates from your device manufacturer support and check some of your settings. See the link below.

If the issue still persist, you can try using another laptop for remote play to isolate if the issue is specific to the device. We may also refer you to other forum that specializes supporting issue related to the Windows application .

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. RaraCloe Win User

Hi, Tomm_A

I have had a look at your list of questions.

1. I am using the Xbox app
    2. I am unable to connet my laptop throught wired connetion.

3. I am not using a wifi externer.

4. I couldn't find a any setting to change, sorry about this.

I have stable internet, I haven't had any issues before, I am conneted to a 5 GHz wifi.

I have noticted that when I connect with my Xbox via my laptop the xbox don't give the "xxx has started streaming" but it will if I stop. I also can't dissconnet from the menue you gen men long pressing the xbox button on the controller. I don't know if that has to do with anything

Kind Regards,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello RaraCloe,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you cannot connect your device through wired connection, try connecting your device to different internet connection or you can try mobile hotspot. This is to isolate the issue.

The quality of your remote play experience depends on your network’s upload speed. An upload speed of at least 4.75 Mbps is required, but 9 Mbps or faster is optimal for the best remote play experience.

Additionally, you can test your internet speed and provide us the detail so we can further check. Write down the following information from your speed test results (having this information handy will make the discussion easier if you have to contact your ISP later):

• Download speed
    • Upload speed
    • Ping (or Latency)

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot a wireless network connection | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. RaraCloe Win User

Hello, Tomm_A

I tried another internet connection and a hotspot, same thing. No video, but I have audio.

I tested my internet speed:
    Download speed: 200.3 Mbps

Upload speed: 7.53 Mbps

Ping: 13 ms

Kindly,

Thema:

1. No video when remote playing to my laptop - Similar Threads - video remote playing

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  5. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  6. How to fix glitching YouTube videos?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix glitching YouTube videos?: Anytime I try to watch YouTube on my Xbox, the video glitches. Like random boxes of random color will appear on screen, or parts of the screen will be desaturated. I've tried lowering the video...
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Why is my Xbox video at 640 x 480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox video at 640 x 480: When I hit Auto detect, goes to that resolution, if I manually put, goes black or glitches. TV supports 1080, works for my Roku and other devices so it is not my TV. Cable works with same tested...
  9. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  10. Recent Prime Video App update on XboxOne X lost remot functionality of Pause/Play FF/REW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recent Prime Video App update on XboxOne X lost remot functionality of Pause/Play FF/REW: Cannot use Play/Pause or FF/REW on PRIME VIDEO App. Have to press Y (Enter), move to desired function and pres Y again. Same on an IR remote where Play/Pause or FF/REW function can be executed by...