No vibration in Windows 11 with Series S|X Controller

Discus and support No vibration in Windows 11 with Series S|X Controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening! I just bought myself a new Series S|X controller which I'm only going to use for my desktop. Everything seems to be working fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lars Heiwegen, Jun 20, 2023.

1. No vibration in Windows 11 with Series S|X Controller

Good evening!

I just bought myself a new Series S|X controller which I'm only going to use for my desktop. Everything seems to be working fine. However, the controller does not vibrate. I've already tested if it vibrates with an online vibration tester, then it works fine. I tested the vibration via the Xbox Accessories app and the controller vibrates just fine. However, whenever I boot up a game there is no vibration present.

I've currently tested it with 3 games: Diablo 4, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide and Red Dead Redemption 2.

All 3 games there is not even a hint of vibration.

The steps I've already taken suggested via different posts on the community forums here:

1. Update drivers of the Controller in Device Manager.

2. Update the Firmware via Xbox Accessories app.

3. Set the device as preferred device in the game controllers window.

4. Tested the controller on Xbox and vibration is fine there.

5. Batterypack is fully charged.

6. Tested controller with and without a wired connection.

7. Reinstalled all drivers and Xbox Accessories app to see if this would make a difference.

I do have to mention that I am using a bluetooth connection for the wireless connection. I am not about to spend more money on a dongle when the vibration should be working via Bluetooth and Wired connectrions anyway.

Hardware:

Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
    AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Radeon 7900 XTX Red Devil

Corsair Dominator Platinum 6400 MHz 32 GB ( 2 RAM modules)

Corsair H150i Elite with LCD display

I feel like it could have to do with the legacy driver for Xbox Wireless Controllers which is apparently a driver from 2006. But I can't find any information regarding a new driver anywhere. And Windows 11 says I have the latest version of the driver installed.

:)

Lars Heiwegen, Jun 20, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Lars Heiwegen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. According to the question you posted on the Microsoft Answers forum, you are experiencing no vibration in Windows 11 with your Xbox Series S/X controller. This could be due to several reasons, such as outdated drivers, incorrect settings, or hardware problems. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Make sure your controller is fully charged and connected to your PC via USB or Bluetooth.

- Update your controller firmware using the Xbox Accessories app on your PC or console.

- Check your Windows 11 settings and make sure vibration is enabled for your controller. You can do this by going to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device properties > Additional device settings > Vibration settings.

- Test your controller vibration using the Xbox Accessories app or a game that supports it.

- If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance. You can do this by requesting a call, chatting online, or visiting our support website.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you for choosing Xbox!
  4. Rostom L Win User

Xbox controller series s/x vibration not working

Hi TomaXBOX2016!

Your Xbox Series X/S controller should still work normally on Xbox One console.

Make sure to change your vibration settings.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings.
    Select Accessibility > Controller, and then select Vibration settings.
    If you have multiple controllers, choose the controller that you want to change and select Configure.
    For an Elite Series 2 controller, select the configuration profile that you want to change, select Edit > Vibration, and then move the sliders to adjust the vibration.
    For an Xbox Wireless Controller, select Turn on vibration to turn vibration on or off.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why do I have to sign in everytime I played games on gamepass, I can't even play my game offline. Can I do something to solve this issue?

What device are you using, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S or Windows 10/11?
  6. Georges C. Win User

Do the Xbox Design Lab controllers work with Windows 11?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ASushiBowl, xbox design lab controls are the same model as the Windows 10 and 11 Compatible Series S/X.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/controll...

*Compatible with select devices and operating system versions; learn more at xbox.com/controller-compatibility. Battery life varies significantly with headsets, additional accessories, usage, and other factors. Testing conducted by Microsoft using standard AA batteries in preproduction units. Button mapping available via Xbox Accessories app for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11; app for Windows 10/11 requires compatible USB-C cable (sold separately).
Thema:

1. No vibration in Windows 11 with Series S|X Controller - Similar Threads - vibration Windows Series

2. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  3. My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates

in XBoX on Consoles
    My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates: I have an around 5 month old Xbox series S. purchased 27th of December 2023. I like to play keyboard and mouse but when i plug in both the usbs for them it doesn’t do anything. Playing keyboard...
  4. My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off: i have a really big problem that started around a week ago were my xbox series x/s controller kept on disconnecting every now and again and now its really bad were it just wont work anymore at all...
  5. Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.: so my xbox one s controller ive had since 2019. Ive updated before. My xbox one s is not an option since it has a hard ware issue(no longer updates no matter how many times i try.) anyway. I...
  6. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  7. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  8. My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates: i'm a Alpha-skip-ahead member about 3 days ago, my Xbox Series S has turn on alone on middle of the night and after this my controller start to desync every time he receive's a vibration signal,...
  9. Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing: Hello, I got an issue around my xbox X regular controllers, both. it was working fine until i realized the vibration does not work fine, it is super low and weak. I did nothing to controllers, no...
  10. When I turn on my xbox one s controller it blinks twice then it syncs then it vibrates...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my xbox one s controller it blinks twice then it syncs then it vibrates...: It turns on then blinks twice, syncs then vibrates twice then turns off a8b9728b-e6f1-4e27-a73b-080312a5a73e