No subwoofer signal from music apps

Discus and support No subwoofer signal from music apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have had multiple xbox one and xbox series x/s hooked up to 2 different Sony 7.2 surround sound. Everything has worked perfectly up until... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dragn142298, Jul 28, 2023.

1. dragn142298
    dragn142298 Guest

So, I have had multiple xbox one and xbox series x/s hooked up to 2 different Sony 7.2 surround sound. Everything has worked perfectly up until recently. Now I have noticed that neither of my two (Xbox X with Sony STR and Xbox S with Sony STR) are playing bass through the subwoofer on music apps.

I have tried changing all the settings on both Xboxs and av receivers in question. At one point yesterday I had the Xbox X working perfect. Then I turned it off and back on. No more bass when listening to spotify.

I tried the Uncompressed stereo setting as I see that is a "fix" for most people. However, I noticed not all the apps or gaming seem to send the right signal because the av receiver only changed to 5.1 or better on Amazon Prime. It stayed in Linear PCM for Netflix and other apps. It also only allowed the music to be 2.1 instead of 5.1 or 7.1

Any suggestions or solutions that anyone has found? This seems to be a big topic.

:)

dragn142298, Jul 28, 2023
  2. Keona Corona Win User

Hello!

Sorry to hear about your problem with your subwoofer. Here are some tips to help you.

1. Firmware Updates: Check for any firmware updates for both your Xbox consoles and Sony AV receivers. Outdated firmware can sometimes cause compatibility issues.
    2. Reset AV Receiver: If possible, perform a factory reset on your Sony AV receivers to ensure that all settings are back to default. Be sure to set up the audio settings again after the reset.
    3. Check Subwoofer: Test your subwoofer with other devices or sources to ensure that the subwoofer itself is working correctly.
    4. Different Audio Source: Connect another audio source (e.g., smartphone, tablet, PC) to your Sony AV receivers and see if the subwoofer works with music from these sources. This will help determine if the issue is related to the Xbox consoles or the AV receiver.

I hope these tips help you with your problem. Have a good day.
  3. ViaanJvR Win User

I have the exact same issue.
  4. Arminator Win User

Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?

No, the Xbox One S does not simulate ATMOS from a 5.1 source.

However, since the Xbox One can run multiple sound applications at any given time (for example you run an Atmos enabled game, while having a music app running in the background), the console will ALWAYS output an ATMOS signal to your receiver, since the
    game sound is in spatial surround.

Into that ATMOS spatial surround sound track, the stereo music track will be mixed in. But since the music track does not have surround or height information in it's stereo signal, you won't get the music in ATMOS spatial surround, even if your receiver
    shows ATMOS coming in.

If you watch a 5.1 video in VUDU, the Xbox will distribute the 5.1 sound information to the front, center, back surround and subwoofer channels for the ATMOS signal, and your ceiling speakers for example won't get sound.

So even if your receiver shows ATMOS, and you have twenty speakers mounted in your home cinema, only the standard 5.1 speakers will produce sound, if you watch a 5.1 sound source.
  5. Rich Cashster Win User

Online radio

Stupid me. I had the music slider bar in the settings all the way down. Yeah Subwoofers would be cool
  6. BenGildea Win User

VEVO

I prefer it over Muzu but on both apps I think the sound quality could do with updating.

Got my xbox connected via optical cable to my amp and on neither app can i any bass out of the subwoofer. Games, cd's dvd's and Skyplayer are all great and work perfectly.

Shame the sound isn't as good it should be. whats the point of a music app if the sound isn't up to scratch or else i'd use it more
Thema:

1. No subwoofer signal from music apps - Similar Threads - subwoofer signal music

2. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  3. No signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    No signal: Hello my Xbox keeps saying no signal. I used to be able to just do the display reset. It would turn on in a lower picture quality and then I could change it in my settings. Now it automatically...
  4. Xbox One hdmi signal dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One hdmi signal dropping: The HDMI signal between my Xbox One and TV keeps dropping out after a period of working. The signal comes through fine for several minutes and then drops, after it drops, unplugging and plugging...
  5. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  6. Xbox One X, issues with no signal after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X, issues with no signal after update: My console was updated on the 31st of May and that same evening while playing Gears of War 2, the screen began flickering and then the TV said no signal. Restarting the Xbox helped little and a...
  7. Xbox One X no signal/black screen issues after last update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X no signal/black screen issues after last update: Three days ago, I was playing Gears of War 2 when the screen started flickering, went to no signal. I've booted into safe mode, did a complete factory reset. This would work partially only to...
  8. Xbox S wifi connection makes modem flicker wifi signal to Xbox and other devices.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox S wifi connection makes modem flicker wifi signal to Xbox and other devices.: So I was trying to download Skyrim after not playing Xbox for a few months. Xbox was untouched including the power cord. I went to look for it in the marketplace but it said I didn't have a...
  9. Xbox losing wireless signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox losing wireless signal: I have been having an issue when playing a couple of games, those being Dead Island 2 and Fortnite where randomly my console seems to lose all wireless connections for a split second and then...
  10. Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer: Hello, I have a Vizio 5.1 Soundbar system plugged into my TV through the eARC HDMI, then my XBox Series X plugged into the TV as well through a different HDMI port. When I am setting up my XBox...