No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games

Discus and support No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had some free time on my hands and decided to play some old games. I noticed that I could play Fable 1-3 through my game pass. But once I installed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CassandraCollyer, Nov 8, 2021.

1. No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games

I had some free time on my hands and decided to play some old games. I noticed that I could play Fable 1-3 through my game pass. But once I installed them I noticed a problem. NO SOUNDS!!!!! I tried tweaking the sounds in options gradually changing one thing like stereo to surround and did that with every option available one at a time. Then I tried to combine different options to change and still nothing.Yes, I did make sure my TV was not muted and also cranked it up all the way but not even a whisper came through! I am not hearing anything! Please help! Sounds are to me a critical part of any game. I almost forgot to mention that my system was recently updated so that should not be a problem either. Headphones do work, but after a little while they pinch my ears since I am normally working and not playing my headphones are not broken in. I should not have to rely on them if I want the sound to come through the TV though.

:)

CassandraCollyer, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox360 games on Xbox one

Sounds like it has 360 & Xbox One versions.You would need to buy the Xbox One version,you don't get it free if you own the 360 version.

What game is it?
  3. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Games With Gold for Xbox One not available from Xbox 360

Hi! From the sound of it you're trying to download Xbox One games to your Xbox 360, this isn't possible. You can play backwards compatible Xbox 360 titles on a Xbox One, but it doesn't work the other way around. You can only play Xbox 360 titles on the
    Xbox 360. Hope this helps.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox game sharing

Hi there,

Thanks for your post! It sounds like you are attempting to game share titles from an Xbox One to an Xbox 360. Unfortunately, there is no ability to share titles to an Xbox 360 like there is with the Xbox One's Home Console setting. For information on licenses
    for Xbox 360, check out this article:
    Xbox 360 DRM
    and for Xbox One:
    Xbox One Home Xbox Setting

I hope this helps.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Try a different Xbox 360 game let's see if that has sound
  6. CassandraCollyer Win User

It does not help as I have not introduced new sound equipment and have already checked the cables. I was not using voice chat at the time either. The XBox One games work perfectly with their sound. Just not these Fable games. I have not tried any other XBox 360 games to see if I can repeat the problem, but I do know that it seems to be stemming off of these particular games.
Thema:

1. No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games - Similar Threads - sound 360 games

2. I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds: I bought secondhand xbox 360 r2d2 special edition console but the startup and eject sounds are the standard xbox sounds it has the blue light round the power button so I don't think it's been...
  3. no sound in xbox 360 clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no sound in xbox 360 clips: i’ve been playing some 360 games in my xbox series x, and when i clip something in the 360 game it doesn’t have audio, the quality is good and for xbox one games and xbox series games clips is...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor: Hello, I bought used Xbox 360 S and I connected it with my MSI monitor through HDMI cable and I can’t figure out how to have sound on monitor that have build in speakers. Video is working...
  6. Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility: I've noticed sound drop issues with some xbox360 games, but only those that use at least two discs to play while others that run on one disc are fine. I play these games on disc such as: dead...
  7. Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.: I just recently picked up an Xbox 360 E that was boxed any only used a couple of times. I cleaned out the vents and sprayed some canned air in the fans to clean them out. I then went and inserted...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  9. How to set up Xbox 360 so game sound comes through headphones, not TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up Xbox 360 so game sound comes through headphones, not TV?: Hey Everyone, Unlike my PS4, this Xbox 360 has no provision for listening to the game audio through headphones plugged into the controller. Is there some kind of hardware configuration I can use...
  10. No sound across my games on xbox 360 only in game cutscenes and no character speech

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound across my games on xbox 360 only in game cutscenes and no character speech: can some one please help me out their the supjest says it all but I am missing in game audio from cut scence across my game on xbox 360 and I all so have not character audio and be for u ask I...