No sound on 360 dvd playback

Discus and support No sound on 360 dvd playback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All was working fine last time I used my consoles. Now on two 360 consoles, using two TVs and trying a number of HDMI cables I have lost playback... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PubZombie, Apr 28, 2015.

1. PubZombie
    PubZombie Guest

All was working fine last time I used my consoles.

Now on two 360 consoles, using two TVs and trying a number of HDMI cables I have lost playback audio on the dvd player.

First I had no sound at all on the 360s and turned off automatic display detection in system settings.

I now get desktop and game sound but no audio at all on any dvd!

this is on both 360s I own on all TVs in the house with tested and new HDMI cables.

I have tried resetting all video and audio settings.

nothing seems to work.

Help very much appreciated as I need these as my main dvd players.

TY

:)

PubZombie, Apr 28, 2015
  2. Trazzt
    Trazzt Guest
    No sound on dvd playback

I don´t think it has, it has hdmi labeled hdmi in 1 through 4 and you can custom map them to channel names like `BD´, `Sat´ or `Game´. Currenty I have the xbox mapped to the bluray channel (bd) because the universal remote I use doesnt have a button for
    the "game" channel. I tried connecting the xbox the other HDMI-In ports, but still no sound for dvd playback :-(

Trazzt, Apr 28, 2015
  3. Trazzt
    Trazzt Guest
    No sound on dvd playback

Hi, I dont think the tv is the problem. Since I got the HDMI cable (for both audio and the video signal) connected to the receiver, the receiver has "HDMI Passthrough" so it grabs the audio from the hdmi in, and sends the picture through to the tv. The model
    is a Marantz NR1402 by the way.

Turning the TV on and off wont help , altough the xbox does display a hdcp link restored message when i switch input channels on the receiver, this doesn't fix the sound.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Trazzt, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Your TVs might not support HDCP, or, you're using a pass-through device (such as an HDPVR), oor, your HDMI cables are cheap and are causing something to go wonky. I can't really think of anything else unfortunately.

Irixion, May 2, 2015
  5. Irixion Win User

Your TVs might not support HDCP, or, you're using a pass-through device (such as an HDPVR), oor, your HDMI cables are cheap and are causing something to go wonky. I can't really think of anything else unfortunately.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

No sound on dvd playback

Hey there Trazzt! I didn't see it above, but have you tried connecting the console directly to the TV? If this provides proper audio, there may be an issue with your receiver. You can also try using different cables to see if that alleviates the issue. Also,
    there is an Optical Audio port on the console that could be used. Could you try that out to see if it solves the issue for you? Please let us know how that goes, thanks!
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

No sound on dvd playback

Hi, is it correct that your receiver has an hdmi port specifically for gaming?
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

No sound on dvd playback

It may also be worth checking for a firmware update for the tv as well if indeed your tv does have a firmware update option.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

No sound on dvd playback

Hi, does your receiver accept firmware updates? If so please check for an update.

Sometimes it can be as simple as turning the tv on before you turn the console on so that the HDCP link can be established, also on occasion turning display discovery on or off can fix this issue.

- I take it you get audio if you connect the console directly to the tv bypassing the receiver? - What is the model number of the receiver please.
Thema:

1. No sound on 360 dvd playback - Similar Threads - sound 360 dvd

2. I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds: I bought secondhand xbox 360 r2d2 special edition console but the startup and eject sounds are the standard xbox sounds it has the blue light round the power button so I don't think it's been...
  3. no sound in xbox 360 clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no sound in xbox 360 clips: i’ve been playing some 360 games in my xbox series x, and when i clip something in the 360 game it doesn’t have audio, the quality is good and for xbox one games and xbox series games clips is...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor: Hello, I bought used Xbox 360 S and I connected it with my MSI monitor through HDMI cable and I can’t figure out how to have sound on monitor that have build in speakers. Video is working...
  6. Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility: I've noticed sound drop issues with some xbox360 games, but only those that use at least two discs to play while others that run on one disc are fine. I play these games on disc such as: dead...
  7. Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.: I just recently picked up an Xbox 360 E that was boxed any only used a couple of times. I cleaned out the vents and sprayed some canned air in the fans to clean them out. I then went and inserted...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  10. No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games: I had some free time on my hands and decided to play some old games. I noticed that I could play Fable 1-3 through my game pass. But once I installed them I noticed a problem. NO SOUNDS!!!!! I...