No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it

Discus and support No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I saw in another post to use headphones but sound won't come through them either 33c322e7-f41e-4e3e-8787-0cf091a75869 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaintDryingWatcher, Dec 22, 2023.

1. No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it

I saw in another post to use headphones but sound won't come through them either

:)

PaintDryingWatcher, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello PinturaSecadoObservador, I'm sorry that the previous solution did not work for you, but I was researching in the Microsoft forum and I found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, and he mentions a series of steps to solve problems with the audio, and it is worth trying. solve the problem:

Please try to solve the problem by doing the following procedures:

1. In your console settings, go to the "Account" section and select the "Delete accounts" option and choose the account in question. This will delete your profile from the console but you will not lose any of its data, don't worry. .

2. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

3. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

5. Then add the account back to your console so that all your profile information is downloaded again, it won't take long.

6. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings, keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

This way your console will be reconfigured and you will have to add your account again. No game or application will be deleted, nor will you lose the progress of any game since these are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

7. Check if the problem continues.

If it still doesn't work, you can try the following:

If you have a different HDMI cable on hand, try using it as that can solve the problem with your audio, but if the console continues to freeze or cut out the audio after that, then that would indicate that the console has a hardware failure, that is, with some internal component, so you will need to send your console to an official Xbox technical center (or to an external one you trust, if you wish) to have it checked and repaired correctly.

Below is the page where you can start the service process for your console:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

You must register your console in case it does not appear (with the "Add device" button in the upper right corner) and then you must click on "Information and support" on your console and then select "Start order", finally you must fill out the data they request.

For more detailed information about the repair service system procedure visit the following page:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/8b5cb5e2-aa3c-41dd-8e2f-6c3d8ab4f917

It is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox. All users help each other with common problems.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello PinturaSecadoObservador, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, which means that we do not have access to any user accounts or information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search in Xbox support and I found a publication where they mention a series of steps to solve the sound problem of the TV or monitor that you use and I thought it was a good one. information, which you should take into account:

Fix audio problems on the Xbox console

If you have audio problems or no sound at all, check the following first:

TV audio is not muted and is at a reasonable volume

External or built-in TV speakers are working properly and turned on

If these conditions are met, try the following solutions to resolve the issue.

Check the monitor and HDMI connections:

1. Press the Xbox  button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Display & TV options.

3. Select Video Fidelity and Overscan.

4. Under Display, select HDMI.

Run the audio configuration tool:

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

3. Select the Audio Settings option in Advanced Options.

4. Highlight the audio setup option you want to use, then press the A button  to begin the audio test.

Note: The audio settings options in this list will vary depending on the audio settings your console detects. The console will only display the options that are available for testing.

5. Watch the animations displayed while the test runs to determine if audio is not playing through a specific speaker in the settings, and troubleshoot the speaker if you notice playback errors.

Troubleshoot if the game or app cannot be heard during voice chat:

If the active game or application is silent or very quiet when using Kinect in a group chat or Skype call, the chat mixer may be set to hear only the conversation. To adjust the sound level during communication, adjust the chat mixer settings.

Note: The Kinect sensor and Kinect adapter have been discontinued. You can still use your Kinect with your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, but the sensor is not compatible with Xbox Series X|S consoles.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

3. Under Advanced Options, select Additional Options, then select Chat Mixer.

4. Select one of the available options.

Information Source (Credit): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...text=Select Profile y system > Configuration% C3%B3n%20%3E%20General%20%3E%20Volume%20and%20output,start%20the%20test%20of%20audio

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. Noble Vitality Win User

Xbox one black screen with DVI monitor

Yeah my monitor is just fine now with picture and everything. I have no more problems. I just need to figure out how to get sound on my xbox one now through my monitor. I have external speakers but i dont know where to plug them in.
  5. Manny Takn Over Win User

Xbox one is muted!

If headset isnt plugged in sound comes through tv, and mic is turtle beach xone And also tryed my astro a40 on there, nothing no sound, about the muted on top right next to battery has a picture of microphone when a / through it i went on my other xbox
    one and tryed both mics and they work on that xbox one?but no this one please help!
  6. Lubenator Win User

Xbox One with an A/V Receiver

I too am having a similar issue. I have every device going through my receiver. I plug my HDMI OUT cable into the XBOX On e and then into my TV. Since my Cable box goes through HDMI 1 on my receiver and the OUT the Monitor Out to the XBOX, when I select
    a game on the XBOX I cannot get any sound because it feeds the signal back on the HDMI cable to the Monitor Out. Any ideas on how I can hear TV and then switch to a game and hear the sound?
Thema:

1. No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it - Similar Threads - sound coming through

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  4. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  5. No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input

in XBoX Accessibility
    No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input: No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input 862867c7-2326-45bb-823d-c393c5744a52
  6. My Xbox series s will not power on the lights comes on for a seconds and it makes the sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s will not power on the lights comes on for a seconds and it makes the sound...: I haven’t even played in a day or two so I have no idea what to do I keep pressing it and I’ve looked up everything I need help asap. 42d737e8-d24c-41ef-8952-f127a000d4e8
  7. No sound coming from tv !!help

in XBoX on Windows
    No sound coming from tv !!help: I have no sound coming from tv. No headphones connected? bddf6465-ad22-403c-b01f-80ca16242577
  8. How do i dissable sound coming trough my headset?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i dissable sound coming trough my headset?: How do i dissable the sound from my earplugs and put it over the tv or speakers. I have a 3.5mm jack samsung headset, when i plug it in the Xbox Series X controller the sound of the Xbox party...
  9. Sound won't come through speakers, only works on headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Sound won't come through speakers, only works on headset.: I am trying to play remotely and the sound only works if I use a headset. Everything else is working as it should. Anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/fritz269 [link] [comments]
  10. Make game/menu sound come through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make game/menu sound come through headset?: I have a stereo headset and the game sound does not come through. It did earlier this day but when i moved my xbox to my room it stopped. I have already tried resetting it. Any ideas?...