No sound coming through headset Xbox series X

Discus and support No sound coming through headset Xbox series X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok so I’m a relatively new owner of a Xbox Series X, I’ve had so many problems its unreal. This problem is that the game sound does not come through... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RossDeRooster, Feb 6, 2021.

1. No sound coming through headset Xbox series X

Ok so I’m a relatively new owner of a Xbox Series X, I’ve had so many problems its unreal.

This problem is that the game sound does not come through the headset (which is connected to the controller) UNLESS the controller is plugged into the xbox via the charge cable. The mic works and I can chat to friends but the game audio does not come through. The headset is a Turtle Beach XO-One connected to my old Xbox one controller since I have a £70 controller, with a £20 play and charge kit and a £40 headset + audio controller. It worked fine at first and then all of a sudden the other day, it just stopped working.

does anyone else have the same problem or know a fix?

The service has been terrible from Microsoft and this console. I wish I bought a Playstation 5.

:)

RossDeRooster, Feb 6, 2021
  2. ClausReich Win User

Series X no sound through headset

Hello EliteGeet! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Let's try to check a few things, as well as attempt some standard procedures to fix your issue. First, follow these steps:

1. With the console on, press and hold the Xbox button on the console itself until it shuts off.

2. Unplug it from the wall for 30 seconds.

3. Connect it to wall again.

4. Turn it on.

5. Try to run the game and see if the issue has been resolved.

If you still don't get any sound, on your Xbox go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. Under HDMI, make sure it is set to Stereo Uncompressed. If it already is, try changing it to some other option and then back to Stereo Uncompressed. Restart your console afterwards.
  3. Tim Cutter Win User

Controller sent for replacement, no reply..

Geri, I'm not sure if you still are receiving this thread but I did get my replacement Xbox controller today and I hooked it up to my series X and everything worked fine except that there is no sound coming through my wired headphones. These are Arctis Prime Steel Series wired headphones that worked fine with all my other controllers and just recently with my Xbox series X controller but when I connected to the Elite control they sent me it does there's no sound coming through. I cleaned the port a harder rebooted my Xbox Series X I updated the firmware and still no results.

Do you have any suggestions?
  4. xXxMr Gr1mmxXx Win User

Incapable of Pressing A, a Factory Reset AND no sound??

Upon connecting a wireless headset, all sounds do come through it.

But none at all come through the TV the xbox is connected to.
  5. Jordan Edwards1 Win User

Logitech G432 Headset sounds horrible and muffled

The product doesn’t work with Xbox it has no problem with PC and sounds good. On the the Xbox series x the quality is very bad a lot of other people have problems with headsets aswell
  6. King JJ Win User

Blue Tooth Transmitter For Xbox One "Controller" For Chat Only??

What I want is a "wireless" over one ear device (like the old 360 had years ago) to use with the Xbox One/Series X. I purchased the Hyperkin X88 Wireless Legacy Headset for Xbox and the sound quality is terrible, my friends didn't even want me using it
    as it sounded so bad on their end. I am left to try and figure something else out, such great technology in the Xbox Series X but they are stuck with 15 year old headset technology.
Thema:

No sound coming through headset Xbox series X

1. No sound coming through headset Xbox series X - Similar Threads - sound coming through

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it: I saw in another post to use headphones but sound won't come through them either 33c322e7-f41e-4e3e-8787-0cf091a75869
  4. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  5. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  6. No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input

in XBoX Accessibility
    No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input: No sound coming from Xbox but sound coming from tv if i change input 862867c7-2326-45bb-823d-c393c5744a52
  7. My Xbox series s will not power on the lights comes on for a seconds and it makes the sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s will not power on the lights comes on for a seconds and it makes the sound...: I haven’t even played in a day or two so I have no idea what to do I keep pressing it and I’ve looked up everything I need help asap. 42d737e8-d24c-41ef-8952-f127a000d4e8
  8. No sound coming from tv !!help

in XBoX on Windows
    No sound coming from tv !!help: I have no sound coming from tv. No headphones connected? bddf6465-ad22-403c-b01f-80ca16242577
  9. Sound won't come through speakers, only works on headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Sound won't come through speakers, only works on headset.: I am trying to play remotely and the sound only works if I use a headset. Everything else is working as it should. Anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/fritz269 [link] [comments]
  10. Make game/menu sound come through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make game/menu sound come through headset?: I have a stereo headset and the game sound does not come through. It did earlier this day but when i moved my xbox to my room it stopped. I have already tried resetting it. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox series x headset no sound from games