No refund/refund issue with Microsoft Store online - PayPal dispute advice needed please!

Discus and support No refund/refund issue with Microsoft Store online - PayPal dispute advice needed please! in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi All, I hope you are doing well ? Problem: I bought a Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S 2 weeks ago but decided to cancel the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by srr99, Dec 5, 2020.

1. srr99
    srr99 Guest

No refund/refund issue with Microsoft Store online - PayPal dispute advice needed please!

Hi All,

I hope you are doing well ?

Problem: I bought a Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S 2 weeks ago but decided to cancel the order the very same day it was placed (I thought the price was quite high after an impulse buy). No tracking number was available for
    the item online in my order summary page or given to me via email.

• I phoned Microsoft the day after i purchased and was advised that the item may be in the process of shipping and that I should refuse at the door.
    • A small package by a UPS driver was refused at my door later in the same day (a family member refused it, there is no way of knowing this is the Microsoft product as no tracking info was given)
    • I called Microsoft Customer services a day after and was advised it would take 3 working days to reach their warehouse and 4-5 for a refund to be issued.
    • I waited 10 working days (2 calendar weeks) - i haven't received any updates from Microsoft other than that they had escalated the refund case via email. They promised to call me on a number of occasions but did not do so.
    • I spoke with MS customers reps 2 days in a row on working day 9 & 10 who could/would not provide any detail other than to say 'the issue has been escalated' and did not provide a resolution nor dates on when i could expect more information.

Key info: The item never exchanged hands. I never had a tracking number so i don't know where it went or where it could be. I'm not even certain if the UPS driver refused at my address was carrying the item (since i have no way of verifying
    that).

Question/Conclusion: With the lack of communication from MS, no product and money taken from my account - i hesitantly decided to launch a PayPal dispute yesterday as i would have much rather preferred to have worked this out with MS. Has
    anyone else had this issue in the past and could shed some light/advice on it ?

:)

srr99, Dec 5, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: