No option to turn FPS Boost on or off

Discus and support No option to turn FPS Boost on or off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha Skip-Ahead here, updated on the 17th, restarted 2 times, still not seeing the option on Mamage game to turn the option on/off, I' trying on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sammazarelly, Feb 19, 2021.

1. No option to turn FPS Boost on or off

Alpha Skip-Ahead here, updated on the 17th, restarted 2 times, still not seeing the option on Mamage game to turn the option on/off, I' trying on Sniper Elite 4, game runs at 60fps alright and I got the indicator showing fps is on but I don't have rhe option to toggle it.

submitted by /u/sammazarelly
    [link] [comments]

/u/sammazarelly, Feb 19, 2021
  2. benchesh Win User

Give us the choice to switch Xbox One X enhacements on/off under "Compatibility Options" (for all FPS Boost games)

Yes, we have the choice to turn off auto HDR and FPS boost. But if we want FPS Boost and 4K for Fallout 4, this isn't possible unless we exploit a glitch that will inevitably be patched in the very near future.

I'm suggesting enabling/disabling FPS Boost for these titles should not also enable/disable 4K (one x enhancements). It should be an additional setting that we can toggle to get the experience we want!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Far Cry 5 seems very laggy, glitchy on Xbox series x.

Hi,

Have you enabled FPS boost for this game? The default settings for Far Cry 5 runs the game at 30 fps (30 frames per second). This game has an 'FPS Boost' option that allows you to play this game at a much smoother 60fps.

• On Xbox Series X, go to My Games and Apps
    • Select Far Cry 5 and choose Manage Games & Add Ons
    • Choose Compatibility Options, then select FPS Boost
    • Enable FPS Boost for Far Cry 5
    • Launch the game.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Hi,

I believe there is some confusion between 'Optimised for Series X|S' and FPS boost. When a game is optimised for Series X|S, it means that a game update was released from the developer of that particular game to boost it's graphics and performance. Optimised games will not have an FPS boost option in compatibility settings.

The recent update to Shadow of the Tomb raider increased the game resolution to 4K (using dynamic rendering) increasing the frame rate at 4K to 60 fps. The Xbox One X version of the game only runs at 30 fps in 4K.

FPS boost is a game modification made by Microsoft's own BC team, the developer doesn't provide this boost. Some Xbox One games with FPS boost have it enabled by default, others (usually the 120Hz enabled titles) do not.

Like I said earlier, Optimised games do not have an FPS boost option as the performance has been increased by the developer.

I hope that makes sense.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi there. I tried using this same method & it's not working for me either. I uninstalled & reinstalled the game on my Series S & still the FPS Boost option is not available. Are you sure this is what you have to do? Nothing I've done has worked so far.
    There won't be an FPS boost option as this update was from the developer, not Microsoft. The update increased the FPS in-game.
  6. IanHorner1 Win User

Hi,

I believe there is some confusion between 'Optimised for Series X|S' and FPS boost. When a game is optimised for Series X|S, it means that a game update was released from the developer of that particular game to boost it's graphics and performance. Optimised games will not have an FPS boost option in compatibility settings.

The recent update to Shadow of the Tomb raider increased the game resolution to 4K (using dynamic rendering) increasing the frame rate at 4K to 60 fps. The Xbox One X version of the game only runs at 30 fps in 4K.

FPS boost is a game modification made by Microsoft's own BC team, the developer doesn't provide this boost. Some Xbox One games with FPS boost have it enabled by default, others (usually the 120Hz enabled titles) do not.

Like I said earlier, Optimised games do not have an FPS boost option as the performance has been increased by the developer.

I hope that makes sense.
    Hi that does make sense except that the ‘Version’ is not V 2.01 as many game websites have shown. The version is shown as V 1.81.

I have re-installed on internal ssd to make sure.

Plus other games that have X/S indicated do have the fps boost shown, am taking this is developer specific also.
Thema:

No option to turn FPS Boost on or off

1. No option to turn FPS Boost on or off - Similar Threads - option turn FPS

2. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  3. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  4. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  5. eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...: no matter what i do storage wont tunr off its greyed out in stetting options ots weird 64702c04-374d-4ffd-ac47-4ca666ccc736
  6. Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets"

in XboX Insiders
    Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets": Hi. I hope the Xbox team is reading this subreddit. This is a direct feature request for Xbox. Headsets paired with an Xbox wirelessly will automatically turn on the console, with no way to...
  7. Is it possible to bring an option to turn on and off smart delivery so that I can choose...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to bring an option to turn on and off smart delivery so that I can choose...: I’ve had a lot of trouble with games ever since buying an Xbox series X and am unable to afford the 2TB expansion card and wouldn’t mind turning of smart delivery so that I can still play my games...
  8. Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...: Hello, Why in 2023, there isn't any options yet on PC, to configure the logo's light brightness of a Xbox standard controller with the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, unlike on...
  9. Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...: Hello Is there an option for developers to add setting that allow to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? Every time I turn on my headset for purpose of pc or phone usage my xbox...
  10. Turning off "optional data sharing" for pc game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Turning off "optional data sharing" for pc game pass.: For consoles I'm aware there is a way to turn optional data sharing off, but I couldn't find any such option for pc. First of all, is there any optional data sharing for pc, and if yes, how do we...