No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

Discus and support No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so before we start no it is not muted. Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeteBrown-[xboxvenue], Mar 7, 2017.

1. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

Ok so before we start no it is not muted.

Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the party and game sounds. I tried my Kinect and as this worked presumed it was the headset. Next day i purchased a new headset but found i had the same
    problem so i got in touch with chat support who advised me of all the basic trouble shooting steps opening the correct ports, making sure NAT type is open, opening DMZ, etc.... still no joy. They then advised me it was a hardware fault and that i would need
    to pay £110 to have it repaired (weird as no one could tell me the fault). Having the xbox since day one I traded it as working with fault and got a new Xbox One S. Guess what, same issue. So now I'm out of pocket and no one can help me

I have been back and forth with Xbox support managers and 'engineers' telling me to retry troubleshooting steps. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fault mic not working, troubleshooting so far.

3 different controllers (work with other xbox)

3 different headsets (work with other xbox) Worked with kinect which i no longer have as it was traded in

2 different xbox (xbox with kinect/xbox one s)

made a new account

NAT type open (ports and DMZ enabled)

Took it to 2 different networks same issue

software/firmware on xbox, controller and router all up to date

Restored everything to default and tried troubleshooting again

Skype tested, no sound

Thanks in advance for any help as its driving me insane!!!!!

:)

PeteBrown-[xboxvenue], Mar 7, 2017
  2. Party Chat Sound Problem

My headset works fine, it has sound and the mic works. Game chat works too but I can’t hear other party members in Party Chat but they can hear me

PancakeLord2002, Mar 7, 2017
  3. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest
    Headset wont work in game chat, party chat is fine

Hi All,

Wen using my headset in regular game chat, it doesn't seem to work at all. My screen name has the mic icon, and I can see other players mic icons flashing when they talk but I hear no sound, and I cant talk to anyone. My mic plugs in fine and the volume
    beeps work fine as well as the mute light.

When I join a party, everything returns to normal. I can hear others and others can hear me. Seems to have happened with the last update, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

CorruptDNA, Mar 7, 2017
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

Hey there,

Based on the information that has been provided, and if these symptoms are only occurring on your Xbox One console while your mic and controller work fine on different Xbox One consoles, we would also suggest that your Xbox One console is repaired. To start
    this process, visit our
    Online Service Center

I understand that's not the solution you're looking for, but that will be the next best step to take. Thank you for posting!

Mister Beep, Mar 8, 2017
  5. I replaced the original console with a new Xbox one S still same issue, so repairing it won't work

PeteBrown-[xboxvenue], Mar 12, 2017
  6. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey PeteBrown! To clarify, when you say you've tested 3 controllers (work with other Xbox). Does that mean the headset works with them on another console you own, or are you referring to the now returned console? Post back and let me know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Mister Cizl, Mar 21, 2017
  7. Hi I have tried 3 different controllers and headsets that all work on other consoles. Today i spent 5 hours in my local games shop trying 4 different consoles and still nothing.

Yet my account works fine on my mates just not on any new console.

PeteBrown-[xboxvenue], Mar 21, 2017
  8. laire42
    laire42 Guest

If you use one of these mic splitter adapter cables it might be broken.

laire42, Mar 22, 2017
  9. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey PeteBrown! It sounds like you've exchanged all of the hardware and tried a lot of troubleshooting for the issue. Is there anything unique about where your console is set up?

• Are there are a lot of devices around the console?
    • What type of headset are you using?
    • Are you using any adapters with the headset/controller?
    • Is the console plugged in to a surge protector?
    • Does the mic work in any situation on your network?
    Post back and let me know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums

Mister Cizl, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey PeteBrown! It sounds like you've exchanged all of the hardware and tried a lot of troubleshooting for the issue. Is there anything unique about where your console is set up?

• Are there are a lot of devices around the console?
    • What type of headset are you using?
    • Are you using any adapters with the headset/controller?
    • Is the console plugged in to a surge protector?
    • Does the mic work in any situation on your network?
    Post back and let me know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums
  11. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey PeteBrown! To clarify, when you say you've tested 3 controllers (work with other Xbox). Does that mean the headset works with them on another console you own, or are you referring to the now returned console? Post back and let me know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums
  12. laire42 Win User

If you use one of these mic splitter adapter cables it might be broken.
  13. PeteBrown-[xboxvenue Win User

Hi I have tried 3 different controllers and headsets that all work on other consoles. Today i spent 5 hours in my local games shop trying 4 different consoles and still nothing.

Yet my account works fine on my mates just not on any new console.

Mister CiZl

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums
  14. PeteBrown-[xboxvenue Win User

I replaced the original console with a new Xbox one S still same issue, so repairing it won't work

Hey there,

Based on the information that has been provided, and if these symptoms are only occurring on your Xbox One console while your mic and controller work fine on different Xbox One consoles, we would also suggest that your Xbox One console is repaired. To start
    this process, visit our
    Online Service Center

I understand that's not the solution you're looking for, but that will be the next best step to take. Thank you for posting!
Thema:

1. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party. - Similar Threads - hear through headset

2. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  3. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  4. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  5. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One: I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset, except for my friends in Discord call. If I...
  6. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...: I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work...
  7. I can’t hear through my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t hear through my headset: I have a huo Ji headset that I could hear from fine just now I tried to use it but I can’t hear an I tried it on other devices and they worked I plugged it in my Xbox controller please help...
  8. I cant hear through my headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant hear through my headset: I cannot hear out of my headphones. It will not work. Just help. I don't know if I pressed something. I don't know what happened. I might have press it while I was playing a game. But I I want to...
  9. When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...: I am using my headset i just bought but when i am listening i can hear through my headset the things i want to hear but i can still hear them through my tv. 0eb2d0ee-c017-4de9-83a2-bf3d2ccd1595
  10. Why is it that I can only hear through my headset not my TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that I can only hear through my headset not my TV: Was playing a game with the headset on everything was fine took the headset off switch to the NBA app to watch the game but I can't hear anything look the headset back up I can hear just fine...