No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

Discus and support No more custom soundtrack while playing games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @Unreal, can you explain to me how to use Xbox Music for free using a phone or how any device can be plugged in to use music? If you actually do this.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whisky 4 1, Jan 22, 2014.

1. No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

@Unreal, can you explain to me how to use Xbox Music for free using a phone or how any device can be plugged in to use music? If you actually do this.

I have a W8P with my music on it, I don't see a way to stream it. Also plugging In Said phone doesn't do anything either. There is NO specific Music player on the console besides the audio CD.

CollapseControl, May 26, 2014
  2. TrOjAnGoDz
    TrOjAnGoDz Guest
    What I don't understand is how would you put xbox music and not be able to hide the snap app while playing my games. This is nuts! Is MS going backwards?

TrOjAnGoDz, Jul 19, 2014
  3. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    All I hear from the internet (especially after 2013 E3) is how Microsoft strayed away (with the xbox one) from the only thing that matters with consoles: playing games... Now the internet is filled with whining about not being able to play music/videos,
    WMC, etc. on the xbox one....Talk about a bunch of whiney mixed messages. Microsoft can't please anyone no matter what direction they go.

Burnin TODI, Jul 19, 2014
  4. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest

I don't think anyone expected not to be able to have custom music on the X1. It wasn't really thought about by many because it's been there on the OG Xbox and 360 from the very beginning. It's pretty obvious it's just an underhanded attempt to get people
    subscribing to Xbox music.

Goatsnatcher, Jul 19, 2014
  5. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I have voted for this in the feedback forums, we have always had custom soundtracks, I would like this feature to return.

eviltedi, Jul 19, 2014
  6. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    @eviltedi. Same here...... Hopefully they take notice.

Goatsnatcher, Jul 19, 2014
  7. Hello everyone No more custom soundtrack while playing games? :)

Please understand that it isn't my intention to be mean / rude to those that are saying...

"So what, who cares if you can't play your music anytime that you want to like the Xbox 360"

Did you know that this capability (playing your own music anytime that you wanted to) is what seperated the Xbox 360 from the PS3 and the Wii?

It (the ability to play your own music anytime that you wanted to) became a staple for the Xbox brand from its humble beginnings from the Original Xbox (where some games had the "custom soundtrack" option). This is the unique characteristics that I love
    about the Xbox brand.

In conclusion, the removal of the ability to play your own music anytime that you wanted to just makes the Xbox One like every other console out there!

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone No more custom soundtrack while playing games? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Jul 20, 2014
  8. Shadow38383
    Shadow38383 Guest

This really needs to be brought back fast. I can somewhat deal with using snap to listen to music while playing on my 36", but snap itself takes 25% of the screen, and the game is shrunk down at least 40-50% from the 75% it occupies due to the 16:9 resolution.
    Now Im stuck squinting to shoot at targets with a 1x scope in battlefield when I can easily take out targets at almost 200m if I didnt use snap.

Shadow38383, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Goatsnatcher Win User

There isn't though. Xbox music is unacceptable for people who already have their own music collections. Ripping your own music to the hdd was there on the original xbox and the 360, it takes up little space compared to installed games, so having music on
    the X1 hdd is a total non issue. Besides, as soon as people can have external hdd's space really won't matter that much.
  10. Jonah Lee Win User

Yes, they need to fix this now! It is nuts to not have a feature that was a launch feature on the 360!
  11. HASHxBROWNS Win User

That sucks, you can play music on the ps4 while playing games.
  12. Goatsnatcher Win User

I don't think anyone expected not to be able to have custom music on the X1. It wasn't really thought about by many because it's been there on the OG Xbox and 360 from the very beginning. It's pretty obvious it's just an underhanded attempt to get people
    subscribing to Xbox music.
  13. Shaggy2000 Win User

What people have to realise that originally the Xbox One was supposed to online 24/7 and we didn't need discs etc (that was at last year's E3) but Microsoft were forced to remove those features.

Now I've done a little bit of coding, and I know that you make a liitle change in a few lines of code, it can (and usually does) effect hundreds of other lines.

More than likely all the features were getting now we're going to be in the console at launch, but because of the DRM changes they were put on the back burner.
Thema:

1. No more custom soundtrack while playing games? - Similar Threads - more custom soundtrack

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  4. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  5. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  6. add more customization to xbox notifications

in XboX Insiders
    add more customization to xbox notifications: it would be nice to have the option to mute the sound of some notifications such as game clip and screenshot because while having a visual feedback is useful, when you start to take at least 2...
  7. BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...

in XboX Insiders
    BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...: It would be fun to have a galaxy theme or picture theme on the Xbox dashboard. Some people get an Xbox to just message, since they really don't use the phone for messages sometimes. My idea is...
  8. New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background: I have no idea of photoshop and less design just cut/paste and rearrange the dashboard cleaner, does it look better? sorry my english is bad Dashboard submitted by /u/mendezpm [link] [comments]
  9. Can we get more Gamerpics? Or have the ability to make custom ones? I want a Titanfall one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get more Gamerpics? Or have the ability to make custom ones? I want a Titanfall one.: There are a small amount of Gamerpics available to us. On my Xbox 360 account, I had hundreds of Gamerpics to choose from. I had Doctor Rockso sometimes, other times I had my own custom one. It's...
  10. No More Custom Backgrounds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No More Custom Backgrounds?: Everything was fine until the March update, now my backgrounds will not show up and the 'new' transparent tiles won't even work. Please tell me I'm not the only one having this annoying issue and...