No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

Discus and support No more custom soundtrack while playing games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been loyal to Xbox since the OG Xbox. I have my favorite CDs ripped into all my xboxes. For Microsoft to abandon this great feature is a slap in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Whisky 4 1, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Whisky 4 1
    Whisky 4 1 Guest

I have been loyal to Xbox since the OG Xbox. I have my favorite CDs ripped into all my xboxes. For Microsoft to abandon this great feature is a slap in the face and proves that they are not listening to what customers want. Instead Microsoft focuses on gimmick
    features that look good in commercials. I don't want Kinect. I don't want live TV while playing video games. I want
    MY music. I will not buy an Xbox One until this feature is restored. And by the way, Xbox One is a stupid name for the 3rd console.

:)

Whisky 4 1, Jan 22, 2014
  2. No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

"People should not be expecting a new 360" is not a valid point.

This is not a small feature. It is something that has continuously set the Xbox apart since its first generation. You may not be musically inclined, or have much concern for it, but that does not diminish the relationship that this product has had with music
    and video games. Yes, it did not make it the best system, but it certainly made it more appetizing than the others. For PS4 to punk out Xbox on this front, one of it's individual merits, is embarrassing.

Overlooking things like this is what starts to make systems inferior. You can have 100 nifty, interesting new features, but they are of little consequence if you are eliminating things that have always been part of the Xbox experience. Really, it is a serious
    indicator for the seriously bad direction this system has gone, especially considering the fact that we bought the system without knowing or being told this feature was gone(who would expert or research it?). Back when RROD was the only thing PS fanboys had
    against us, I would just laugh and play Fable 2. Now...well...I have less than a leg to stand on.

DresdenDolly666, Jan 22, 2014
  3. No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

Still lose considerable screen space to snap. It's weak. Though good on you for finding a quick fix.

DresdenDolly666, Jan 22, 2014
  4. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest

Hopefully MS will see the err in their ways and reinstate this.

xXCamhawkXx, Jan 22, 2014
  5. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    Hopefully they will, this is something I really miss.

Goatsnatcher, Jan 22, 2014
  6. I agree...I assumed this feature would be included and it factored in to my decision to choose an xbox one over ps4...there's no technical reason I can come up with why it wouldn't be included

WolverineBatman-EA7CF6E0-0A13-4FC3-AAA9-7CC564C8F2, Apr 27, 2014
  7. 2 things:

1) Why would you resurrect a thread from January?

2) This console is very different in design than previous consoles (it has a whole different architecture, in fact), hence why it doesn't have many things that the previous consoles have had. Not to worry though, MS is aware of what many of us want and are
    working diligently to make features such as this a possibility (although there are no guarantees). Still, the console has plenty of great features on it, including alternate ways to listen to music, so enjoy it for what it has to offer right now... Or if you
    don't already have it, then feel free to wait patiently and pick up the console later; just know that if you do, you'll be missing out on a lot of great games and other features in the meantime.

Galactic Geek, Apr 27, 2014
  8. Dwoop33
    Dwoop33 Guest

I just use iheartradio on my computer run through the av receiver. NO BIG DEAL.

Dwoop33, Apr 27, 2014
  9. Jeff Shrek
    Jeff Shrek Guest
    Actually the music offering in Xbox is a big deal, it is terrible and a huge step back.

No iheart

No ability to play my music without paying $10mo

No ability for custom soundtracks or just running music (iheart etc) in the background (snap sucks)

I know you all know this, but nobody has the brass to fix it, your hiring to many windows folks over in studios, and its costing you market

Jeff Shrek, May 25, 2014
  10. This missing feature is the #1 annoyance of my list for XB1. One of the reasons I bought the OX was the ability to rip my own music to it, although not many games used it. However, that feature became GREAT on the 360 with the ability to play it over every
    game.

If this feature comes back, along with the ability to have all my controls default at inverted, I will finally say the XB1 has everything I want from previous systems.

CollapseControl, May 25, 2014
  11. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I second this.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., May 25, 2014
  12. Hello Everyone No more custom soundtrack while playing games? :)

The Xbox 360 is my number one all time favorite console ever because of its ability to play your own music anytime you want to. I hope that this feature returns to the Xbox One soon No more custom soundtrack while playing games? :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone No more custom soundtrack while playing games? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, May 25, 2014
  13. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

What people have to realise that originally the Xbox One was supposed to online 24/7 and we didn't need discs etc (that was at last year's E3) but Microsoft were forced to remove those features.

Now I've done a little bit of coding, and I know that you make a liitle change in a few lines of code, it can (and usually does) effect hundreds of other lines.

More than likely all the features were getting now we're going to be in the console at launch, but because of the DRM changes they were put on the back burner.

Shaggy2000, May 25, 2014
  14. You can stream music to the Xbox One through Xbox Music for free if you have the right app on your phone, you can use Youtube, you can run Music through any device plugged into the HDMI passthrough, you (I believe) can use One Drive too. Just Snap them.

Unreal Warfare, May 25, 2014
  15. MS is basically suffering from a paradigm shift. As a result, we wait...

Galactic Geek, May 25, 2014
Thema:

1. No more custom soundtrack while playing games? - Similar Threads - more custom soundtrack

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  4. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  5. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  6. add more customization to xbox notifications

in XboX Insiders
    add more customization to xbox notifications: it would be nice to have the option to mute the sound of some notifications such as game clip and screenshot because while having a visual feedback is useful, when you start to take at least 2...
  7. BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...

in XboX Insiders
    BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...: It would be fun to have a galaxy theme or picture theme on the Xbox dashboard. Some people get an Xbox to just message, since they really don't use the phone for messages sometimes. My idea is...
  8. New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background: I have no idea of photoshop and less design just cut/paste and rearrange the dashboard cleaner, does it look better? sorry my english is bad Dashboard submitted by /u/mendezpm [link] [comments]
  9. Can we get more Gamerpics? Or have the ability to make custom ones? I want a Titanfall one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get more Gamerpics? Or have the ability to make custom ones? I want a Titanfall one.: There are a small amount of Gamerpics available to us. On my Xbox 360 account, I had hundreds of Gamerpics to choose from. I had Doctor Rockso sometimes, other times I had my own custom one. It's...
  10. No More Custom Backgrounds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No More Custom Backgrounds?: Everything was fine until the March update, now my backgrounds will not show up and the 'new' transparent tiles won't even work. Please tell me I'm not the only one having this annoying issue and...