No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.

Discus and support No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just moved back in from college and set up my xbox one, and my NAT won't be anything but strict. I tried port forwarding, when that didn't work i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr x Tetreault, May 18, 2015.

1. No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.

So I just moved back in from college and set up my xbox one, and my NAT won't be anything but strict. I tried port forwarding, when that didn't work i tried the DMZ hosting, then i tried changing my power saving options, then i tried doing the "check multiplayer
    connection trick," and nothing seems to help my NAT at all. I even reset my router completely and re entered the ports but nothing happened. I need some help for sure cause this strict NAT is killing me...

:)

Mr x Tetreault, May 18, 2015
  2. Mesty
    Mesty Guest
    Strict NAT no matter what I do

There is no spot for me to connect directly into the modem.

Mesty, May 18, 2015
  3. Mesty
    Mesty Guest

When I click on Internet Setup, the IP address is WAY off. They don't match.

Mesty, May 18, 2015
  4. No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.

Hey there, Mr x Tetreault! I'm very sorry to see any issues getting your NAT type to open! Hopefully we can get you all sorted out.

To do so, I'll need the following information from you:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or Wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):

This will help us get a good idea as to what your network layout is like, and help diagnose any issues you may be running into.

On top of the above information, is your NAT showing strict in your network settings, or is it a particular game? If it's a particular game, we may need to look at if there are any special set ups that that game would require.

Post back with this and we'll see if we can get you fully sorted out! No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict. :)

Misses Quinzel, May 19, 2015
  5. taidara Win User

[quote user="Mestyy"]When I click on Internet Setup, the IP address is WAY off. They don't match.[/quote]That verifies that your Xbox One is behind multiple layers of NAT. How many, that I don't know. It could be as many as three layers of NAT.

• Your service provider, if they use NAT inside their own network.
    • The LGU+ is probably performing NAT on its own.
    • The Nighthawk R7000, no question about that one.
    You should be able to connect your computer to the LGU+ and use its web interface to get hold of which WAN/Internet address is being assigned to this device and compare this exactly the same way as you did previous.

If it's the same IP address, good! Then you would have to figure out if there's a pass-through mode, or bridge mode which this device can operate as.

If it's not the same. Reach out to your ISP and ask them if they have an option to switch you over to a public/routable IP address, instead of an address that is being NAT'd by your service provider.

Keep us posted!
  6. Mesty Win User

There is no spot for me to connect directly into the modem.
  7. Mesty Win User

When I click on Internet Setup, the IP address is WAY off. They don't match.
  8. taidara Win User

An easy way to determine if your console is behind multiple layers of NAT, would be for you to access the web user interface on your Nighthawk, and to have a look at the WAN/Internet IP address.

Go to: http://checkip.dyndns.com/ And compare these two addresses. Is it the very same address that you see as your routers WAN/Internet address, or a different one.

You don't have to post up the whole address, but a simple Yes (it's the same) or No (It's not the same) will do in this case.
  9. RobertBuckalew Win User

Unplug the nighthawk , plug in the Xbox , restart everything , run the test again...
Thema:

No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.

1. No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict. - Similar Threads - matter NAT won't

2. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  3. Xbox live multiplayer NAT type on PC is strict no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live multiplayer NAT type on PC is strict no matter what: Hi there So for the past few days, I have been fighting to change the nat type on my PC for the Xbox network from STRICT to OPEN or at least moderate. I tried every possible solution on the...
  4. XBox - NAT Strict no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox - NAT Strict no matter what: I am really struggling to figure this out. A couple days ago I could not play multiplayer online games (Xbox One). I found out my NAT type changed to strict. Nothing changed on my network/router,...
  5. ClearAccess AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    ClearAccess AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type: ClearAccess (Modems/Gateways) AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type Hello! One of the most common causes of a strict NAT type is your networking set up...
  6. Strict NAT No matter what i do?!?!??!?1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strict NAT No matter what i do?!?!??!?1: Hi, I have noticed this fairly recently when i keep getting booted from party chat on Win10 PC. My Xbox One is in the DMZ on my VM Super Hub 2 and i have forwarded the port to my pc as per this...
  7. Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!: I had a ps4 before selling it a few days ago and getting an Xbox One X. This is the first xbox I had since the 360 and I always had an open NAT with that. Also my NAT was fine on PS4. Since...
  8. Strict NAT no matter what I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT no matter what I do: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Stationed in South Korea Modem brand & model number: LGU+ Router brand & model number: Nighthawk R7000 How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles...
  9. No matter what I do I can't get an open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    No matter what I do I can't get an open NAT: I have an Xbox One hardwired to a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router that is plugged into a Motorola/**** modem. No matter what I do I can not get the Xbox one to have an Open NAT on Advanced Warfare....
  10. nat will not go to open no matter what i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat will not go to open no matter what i do: ok so when i got my xbox one the nat was strict i opened ports set it in DMZ mode and gave it a static ip. for about two weeks that worked out great then it started to go from strict to open and...