No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

Discus and support No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmilyCactusCat, Jan 5, 2024.

1. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first:

System: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64-Bit-Version (10.0, Build 19045)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core-Processor

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
    RAM: 32 GB, DDR4 3600MHz (2x16GB)

DirectX-Version: DirectX 12

I'm playing the game with the xbox game pass for pc so i use the xbox app for windows. (I don't own a xbox so there's nothing linked or anything, really just my pc)

Here's everything i tried. I started with obvious standard things to try and ended up trying every guide i could find. And really nothing changed at all:

- started it multiple times

- looked for game updates inside the xbox app

- checked and repaired the game inside the xbox app

- looked inside the folders (and compared them to a friends folder)

- changed the game to another hard disk multiple times

- uninstalled and reinstalled the game two times

- restarted the pc countless times

- started the game in admin mode

- looked for updates for the xbox app

- looked for updates for my graphic card

- looked for updates for my GPU

- looked for updates for windows

- looked for updates for Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (And tried to reinstall but it said its already most current)

- looked for updates for DirectX (And tried to reinstall but it said its already most current)

- looked for updates for .NET Framework Runtime (And tried to reinstall but it said its already most current)

- tried to do the compatibility mode (sadly there is no option in my settings for that?)

- turned off my real time virus defender

- turned off my firewall

- logged out of xbox and tried starting it through the shortcut (of course you have to log in when you start)

- searched for every program that was recommend to completely uninstall

- i closed every programm that was unneccessary and even every progress (through task manager)

- i changed some settings in nvidia

- i changed some settings in my bios

- i looked for versions running in task manager

- i have no mods running (didn't even had any to begin with)

- changed my monitors (because i have another problem with one of them and thought this might be it)

- i tried to use the System File Checker (sfc /scannow and chksdk /r)

- i tried to repair the file through the "Start > Settings > Apps > Find No Man's Sky > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset"

- looked for the temp file and was told there is the full bug inside but i guess thats only for the developers?

Everytime it was recommended i restarted before or after the step(s). Still nothing. The thing that upsets me the most is that my friend can play the game on his computer and i can't even start it. I don't know if it's a problem from the game but my pc is perfectly fine, i never had any issues before.

I don't know why i can't even upload the screenshot here so i have to write down the error message:

"No Man's Sky Error

The game has encountered an error and will now shutdown.

Please refer to https://hellogames.zendesk.com/ for help if the issue persists and include this token as reference:

114969_0x583D5_XB

(Token has been copied to clipboard)"

Of course i tried going to the hello games page, but the only thing i could read about are problems i don't have or i can report a bug and yes i got the "thanks for your report" but i did not really helped playing the game.

Please i beg you. Help me. I just wanna play this game.

:)

EmilyCactusCat, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

Hello EmilyCactusCat,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having challenges in playing the game through your Xbox app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner or point you to the right support team to get the most accurate solution to your concern.

As per description, you have almost performed the necessary troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. The best way to address the problem now is to seek assistance from the game developer support team for the best assistance. You can submit a ticket request directly to the game support. We will help you how.

You can click on this link: Submit a request – Hello Games (zendesk.com)

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

3. kev edin Win User

Games which would benefit from/benefit Game Pass (and Game Pass on PC)

I would say no mans sky , it had a bad start but its starting to get better with every patch . 👍
  4. skullzthewhale Win User

No Man's Sky stuck on starting screen

Hey, thanks for the reply. I wrote that I have tried the solutions provided by the guide and nothing seemed to work. Other games I have on Xbox (beta) app seem to work fine. It's just No Man's Sky that seems to be stuck on the starting screen.
  5. KeanuMachado Win User

Cannot install games that require Administrator privileges

My friend has exactly the same problem with No Man's Sky and other games that require admin approval on store. we tried basically everything on the internet and nothing works.
  6. one sly fox Win User

I am asking for VR

Have you even tried VR? No Man's Sky is amazing in VR. You really don't know what you are missing!
Thema:

1. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet - Similar Threads - Man's Sky XBoxApp

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  4. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  5. NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER: I have reset my game, gone to privacy settings, reset computer, BOUGHT GAMEPASS ULTIMATE, because I thought I need GOLD to play multiplayer, but APPARENTLY THAT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I just...
  6. No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure: Hey, Today I finally got one of my friends to install No Man’s Sky - it had been working great on my console and some of my other friends (we’re all on series X) - but on his (series S) it just...
  7. No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen: I installed NMS via Game Pass on PC for the first time and the game endlessly loads. At the same time, it uses almost no resources in Task Manager. My PC: i5-6400 GTX 1060 6GB 16GB RAM SSD I...
  8. No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky: I play on PC using the Xbox app and the game pass. I've gotten through the first missions and have reached the Anomaly. In the options menu, there is no Network choice. When pressing start on the...
  9. No Man’s Sky lost all of my game saves.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man’s Sky lost all of my game saves.: I have been playing No Man’s Sky for years. I have a game saved with over 400 hours. Now I cannot load it. Every time I try to load it, No Man’s Sky starts a new game. I started having problems...
  10. No man's sky stuck on loading screen "Searching for updates"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No man's sky stuck on loading screen "Searching for updates": The game had been running smoothly until today when i tried to start it didnt start then i tried to start as a adminstrator it worked but got stuck on the starting screen saying "Searching for...