No man's sky - Xbox beta app - Gamepass - Hello Games data sync launch crash

Discus and support No man's sky - Xbox beta app - Gamepass - Hello Games data sync launch crash in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been trying to play No Man's Sky on game pass through the Xbox (Beta) application for a few days now, but all I can get to was the hello games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Christopher9879, Jul 26, 2020.

1. No man's sky - Xbox beta app - Gamepass - Hello Games data sync launch crash

I have been trying to play No Man's Sky on game pass through the Xbox (Beta) application for a few days now, but all I can get to was the hello games screen before the "Data Syncing" pop up (probably pulling the save from my Xbox playthrough over a year
    ago) and then immediately crashing.

No popup, no NoMan'sSky.exe has stopped working like it was forcibly closed via commands (Alt+f4). I tried searching online for a fix but everything I attempt to search its just people saying "Verify integrity of the game files under properties." or "Update
    your drivers." or "Delete the settings file.".

Well, I tried all of those, to the point where I tried to use the driver Windows suggested for my computer, which caused a file in my windows to become corrupt and had to get a hard drive to put a recovery on it to fix it.

I am not playing on steam so the verify integrity of the game files is useless, I did try reinstalling countless times, each the install was never interrupted (even though the Xbox beta app is known to interrupt downloads for me).

Immediately after No Man's Sky crashes after getting to the Hello Games screen and the syncing data Xbox popup, when I look on the Microsoft store it says that something went wrong and to please reinstall the game to fix it and I do but its download is super
    fast, almost instant. I tried that on multiple occasions with nothing working.

The settings file is protected by Microsoft under the windowsapps folder even though I have ownership of my computer files so I can't alter anything in the Hello Games No Man's Sky folder.

I just would really like some help cause I have been dying to check out the game after getting a computer to play it on while it's free for game pass users.

The specs of my pc should be more than needed to run the game, I just have no idea why it is crashing. I am not getting an error log or nothing it's just straight to the desktop.

The Specs of my pc are basically.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 eight-core processor

16 gigabytes of ram

Radeon RX 570 Series graphics card

I am running the most up to date version of Windows 10 so I do not know what the problem is.

:)

Christopher9879, Jul 26, 2020
  2. True Rollins Win User

Game not launching from xbox companion app

Having the same issue.. Launching No Mans Sky through the Xbox (beta) app redirects me to 'Gaming Services' in the Microsoft Store which says that it's installed. Have tried uninstalling both with no joy. It has launched before from the Xbox app, but won't
    now.
  3. Sonowake38917a7e-00a Win User

Windows Xbox App crashes while launching games, game stuck at syncing data.

Unfortunately not, did all the steps restarted and atttempted to launch the game to the same 3 errors in event viewer and game still stuck at syncing data and the xbox app as crashed.
  4. XBF John Win User

Xbox PC Game Pass Cloud save not synching with PC device anymore - No Man's Sky

Hello,

So, in terms of saves, I found another thread that seemed to have a similar issue: Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync - Microsoft Community. For this it recommends deleting local save files. You can probably move them instead of deleting them so if the game doesn't register the local files and it still doesn't sync, you don't lose your save entirely.

Just in case, I play No Man's Sky on my Console but I'm downloading it on my PC with Xbox Game Pass to see if I can check out any discrepancies and seeing about reproducing your issue. I know that on Xbox when you first launch the game, it will sync your data for No Man's Sky before launching. So I've logged onto my Xbox, played around a little and used a save point to save before exiting. NMS is currently downloading on my PC so when it finishes I will double check and see if it and how it syncs the saves.

When you launch the game does it detail anything that says it's syncing or anything like that?

Just additional resources just in case:

Thank you,

5. Walker Bait Win User

No Man’s Sky lost all of my game saves.

I resolved this. I was able to delete the local files and restore from the cloud. Phew! I actually have 900 hours in this game on my Xbox and I still have not yet reached the center of the galaxy. To busy exploring and finding new things to explore and do. Here are some solutions that I found:

A. Try deleting the local save data for No Man's Sky and then syncing it with the cloud. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select My games & apps > See all > Games.

3. Highlight No Man's Sky and press the Menu button on your controller.

4. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.

5. Select Delete all to remove the local save data for No Man's Sky.

6. Once the local save data has been deleted, restart your Xbox console.

7. When your Xbox console has restarted, open No Man's Sky and allow it to sync with the cloud.

8. Once the sync has completed, try loading your game save.

Or…

B. Try joining someone else's game. If you are able to join someone else's game, your save file may be able to load correctly. Once you have joined someone else's game, try saving your game and then quitting the game. After you have quit the game, try loading your save file again.

Or…

C. Use a save editor. There are a number of save editors available for No Man's Sky. These editors may be able to fix your corrupted save file. To use a save editor, you will need to copy your save file to your computer. Once you have copied your save file, you can open it with the save editor and try to fix the corruption.

You can get a save editor for No Man's Sky on the Xbox from the GitHub repository of goatfungus. The repository is here: https://github.com/goatfungus/NMSSaveEditor

Or…

D. Contact Hello Games support. If you have tried all of the above solutions and you are still unable to load your game save, you can contact Hello Games support for help. You can contact Hello Games support through their website: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
  6. Kinetic Profit Win User

No Mans Sky Gamepass save corrupted, now the game wont save at all

On the account where the corruption occurred, navigate to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\GAME where NAME is your username and
    GAME will be something like No Man's Sky in this case. Rename the No Man's Sky folder to something like No Man's Sky - Bad. Launch the game and see if it acts differently.
    It seems No Man's Sky doesn't create a save there. I did find local save data elsewhere and deleted it, but the corrupted profile still doesn't work.
Thema:

No man's sky - Xbox beta app - Gamepass - Hello Games data sync launch crash

1. No man's sky - Xbox beta app - Gamepass - Hello Games data sync launch crash - Similar Threads - man's sky beta

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  4. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  5. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  6. NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER: I have reset my game, gone to privacy settings, reset computer, BOUGHT GAMEPASS ULTIMATE, because I thought I need GOLD to play multiplayer, but APPARENTLY THAT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I just...
  7. No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure: Hey, Today I finally got one of my friends to install No Man’s Sky - it had been working great on my console and some of my other friends (we’re all on series X) - but on his (series S) it just...
  8. No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen: I installed NMS via Game Pass on PC for the first time and the game endlessly loads. At the same time, it uses almost no resources in Task Manager. My PC: i5-6400 GTX 1060 6GB 16GB RAM SSD I...
  9. No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky: I play on PC using the Xbox app and the game pass. I've gotten through the first missions and have reached the Anomaly. In the options menu, there is no Network choice. When pressing start on the...
  10. No Man Sky Beta available for Xbox Insiders

in XboX Insiders
    No Man Sky Beta available for Xbox Insiders: Opened the Xbox Insiders app on my Xbox one X and it allows me to download the NoManSky beta test. Didn't see it mentioned here so was curious if it shows up for anyone else? submitted by...