No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial.

Discus and support No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I owned minecraft long before. I migrated my minecraft account to mojang 1 year or 2 ago. 3 months ago i claimed the nitro gamepass sub gift for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tudorache, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Tudorache
    Tudorache Guest

Hello. I owned minecraft long before. I migrated my minecraft account to mojang 1 year or 2 ago. 3 months ago i claimed the nitro gamepass sub gift for 3 months with the same email and my minecraft name changed. Today the sub expired and i lost the account. Now when i log in into minecraft says i have to buy it again. I already tried changing the launcher and it doesnt work. I already called Mojang and they said i have to get in contact with microsoft since i already migrated the account.

:)

Tudorache, Aug 13, 2023
  2. Tudorache Alex Win User

Hello. I can 100% assure you that i know what email was used for my minecraft account. Doesn't matter that i have multiple accounts on microsoft. Trust me, i told you already, i tried every email even if i already know which one is good. The email is used was the same before the migraton to microsoft and after. I played a good while on this email on microsoft, probably like 1 year before i got the xbox gamepass that fked everything up. I just want my account back that i paid for. I already read a lot of posts on your forum and saw that i am not the only one with that problem. There are so many guys losing their accounts because of this. Hope you can help.
  3. Tudorache Alex Win User

Hello! I already checked the minecraft website and it also says that i need to buy the game again. Its 100% percent the same email i used to migrate, i know that pretty well because its the only mail i use. The skin is also changed. When i got the xbox gamepass, minecraft prompted me to give myself a name, i gave it *REMOVED PII*. My old username was *PII REMOVED*. On namemc.com it shows that now both accounts exists but i have no acces to either one cause *REMOVED PII* was the xboxgamepass one and *PII REMOVED* was before the xboxgamepass.

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tudorache Alexandru-Petrică,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you were trying to get back to playing Minecraft however you were asked to repurchase the Minecraft license you once owned. This happens after you finished the subscription of Xbox Game Pass from Nitro. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

For this issue, we would like to make sure that we are trying to check the license on the correct account and if not, you might need to check Microsoft account that you have which you may have considered to use when migrating your Mojang account. Please go to Minecraft website and sign in using your Microsoft account. Should you have license to play Minecraft game that specific game edition should not show you a Buy Now option. Otherwise, if all game edition of Minecraft has a Buy Now option, then you are checking the wrong account.

One thing you will notice is that you should have the same username in Minecraft that you once had with your Mojang account. However, when you mentioned your Minecraft name changed in your description, do you mean the username?

Another thing you can determine that you are using the same account from Mojang to Microsoft is that previous purchase like skin is still showing in your Minecraft marketplace.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Tudorache Alex Win User

Is it that hard to check in your systems that i migrated the account 2 years ago, was working, and then suddenly on the same email, dissapears after gamepass?
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Tudorache Alex,

We know that you know your account well and thanks for the confirming that.

Should your Microsoft account be secured, before the incident of creating new username (or Minecraft: Java Profile) name and claiming your Xbox Game Pass at that time, then that is something we have not heard as a new policy when an account is new to Minecraft migration to Microsoft.

For now, there are three things you can check to confirm your account ownership, two of which were part on our last reply:

• There could be a hint that you have played Minecraft longer than you should have played it with Nitro's offer for Xbox Game Pass. Please check your Xbox account you will see your progress, challenges and achievements you have overtime.
      • When Minecraft account was migrated, it should include all purchased items (DLC or skins) and games. Otherwise, there could be something that happened in between that only you can again confirm based on your activities in the game. Like are you still seeing your friends in Minecraft? Can they invite you or can you invite them? Are they seeing you are active using your previous profile name?
    • By the way, did you discussed your concern with Minecraft support team when you were asked to create a new username (or Minecraft: Java Profile name) when you went back to Minecraft website?
    • Game purchase:
      • If your Minecraft be purchased through Xbox, you will see it from the Microsoft Account | Order History.
      • Should it be a redemption to Minecraft website, you may check with Minecraft support for that.

Those were only the details that we know only you can answer and confirm.

Regards,

Thema:

1. No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial. - Similar Threads - longer owning minecraft

2. Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X: I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent from my library. I checked the Xbox store and...
  3. Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition: I bought minecraft a long time ago and migrated my account on June 30th 2022, but when I tried to log back into my minecraft account through microsoft, it forced me to create a new xbox gamer tag...
  4. No longer own Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer own Minecraft: At first when the merge happened, everything was fine, but now when I open the Minecraft launcher it says I no longer own Minecraft java when I have owned for nearly 10 years now. This is very...
  5. I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break

in XBoX Accessibility
    I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break: OS: Windows 10 & 11 Minecraft version: Java I purchased the full game, migrated from Mojang to Microsoft back in November 2021, and was able to play minecraft just fine. Then I took a break...
  6. I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...: [img] Whenever I go to my accounts it shows me my Mojang account and Microsoft account. My Microsoft account only lets me play the demo and I have literally 0 access to the game I bought. Also...
  7. After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.: I migrated my minecraft account with a minecon cape to a microsoft account a few days ago, everything seemed to be going fine, I got the email that the account migration had been completed, but...
  8. No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either: Ok so recently I felt like playing Minecraft again, so I went to Mojang to redownload it. Had to merge my account with my Microsoft account so I did that. Then it gave me the choice to either...
  9. I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,: I finally migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft and now it's saying I can only play the demo. I was under the Java Edition, but now, after creating the Microsoft account that it was...
  10. I no longer own minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I no longer own minecraft: I bought Minecraft java edition about 1 or 2 years ago and I have just switched computers and I went to download it and it says I no longer own the game. 43a74062-9b8c-42b6-a08f-b37c9886c14a