No longer have access to my player name?

Discus and support No longer have access to my player name? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been using Bedrock for a few years but have owned Java for far longer. I just decided to redownload Java onto my computer and was told I needed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by zlizgirl, Jul 29, 2022.

1. zlizgirl
    zlizgirl Guest

I have been using Bedrock for a few years but have owned Java for far longer.
    I just decided to redownload Java onto my computer and was told I needed to migrate my account. Got the email code and everything. Did that.
    Now I have the launcher. Latest release 1.19.1 And the PLAY green button.

But when I press Play it asks me to "Enter a username for Minecraft: Java Edition". So naturally I type in the name I have always used for everything minecraft.
    "Username has already been taken."
    How? I had that name for a decade! I thought Maybe it was confused with my own Bedrock profile but since the migration, it should know I'm the same person.

How in the world do I get my profile to recognize me?

My housemate went through the exact same steps as me and their profile name popped right up and even had their skin from 8 years ago all loaded up!

:)

zlizgirl, Jul 29, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello zlizgirl,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use same gamertag or username for the Minecraft Java version however you were prompted that the username you are always using has already been taken. zlizgirl, it really is important for us to get this worked on so you can get back to gaming. However, we found out that Minecraft: Java Edition's Username in-game or Profile Name is different from Microsoft's Gamertag and you may modify or view it on - Minecraft website. Know to know more about it, we would suggest you to check this support article: Minecraft: Java Edition Username VS Gamertag FAQ – Home. Since you’ve reached us first, we’ll ensure that your time is worth it by guiding you to the right direction where you can achieve your desired resolution. We would like to provide you this link where you can submit your concern to support - Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net).

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

My name is Fernando I am an independent consultant, I am happy to

As he was blocked he no longer has access to his account so he cannot send or speak in the chat.

You can unblock a player at any time by sending a message or friend request to the affected player.

I hope I helped and until
  4. Georges C. Win User

how can I get my old account back

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Charlie, Are you referring to your Gamertag or an old account that you no longer have access to?
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Help with my main account back for minecraft :(

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

All Minecraft accounts were meant to be migrated to Microsoft. This was done by the users themselves. The last call for migration was September 19th, 2023. Once the deadline for migration is reached, players will no longer be able to access unmigrated accounts. All unmigrated accounts will be deleted at a future date.
  6. OG Pooh Win User

two x boxes in home

But, if the original profile is no longer on the original console... Everyone on the original console will still have access, but only the original Gamertag will have access on the new console. The only exception to this would be if a license transfer was
    done. Then, players still on the original console will lose access.
Thema:

1. No longer have access to my player name? - Similar Threads - longer access player

2. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  3. verify account email no longer accessible

in XBoX Accessibility
    verify account email no longer accessible: verify account email no longer accessible to access XBOX account after password failure. In addition the account recovery form failed even though recent bank details supporting transactions were...
  4. Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?: Hi all. Just from looking around I have a suspicion that there's nothing that can be done about this, but I figured I'd ask in a last ditch attempt. A couple years back, I created a Microsoft...
  5. My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...: My son has not accessed his account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or phone number. Is there a way he can gain access to his account? Have tried Microsoft recovery, ,but can't be...
  6. How do I disconnect my microsoft account from my ps5 minecraft when I no longer have access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disconnect my microsoft account from my ps5 minecraft when I no longer have access...: I am currently trying to disconnect my Microsoft Account from my PS5 minecraft, and when I try to log in with a new email, either nothing happens and makes me log-in again or it says there's...
  7. Why do I no longer have access to some of my digital games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I no longer have access to some of my digital games?: After the big console update, some of my digital games had the warning sign on them and said I don't own them when I clearly bought them and had been playing them prior! This is absolutely...
  8. My child can no longer access the game pass subscription I have for him.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can no longer access the game pass subscription I have for him.: I am the parent of a child. I had purchased a game pass subscription using my own Microsoft account, and then set him up to use it on his own gaming laptop. Despite the game pass still being a...
  9. Someone hacked my minecraft and change my gmail to my minecraft and i no longer have access...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my minecraft and change my gmail to my minecraft and i no longer have access...: So a random guy hacked my friend's Minecraft account and changed his Gmail to his Minecraft account Do you think you can help him he done contacted a bunch of support and they all did not care...
  10. My Microsoft account W’s hacked and the email was changed so that I can no longer access...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account W’s hacked and the email was changed so that I can no longer access...: My account got hacked and the associated email to that account has been changed so that I can’t recover it. I was wondering if there was any way to recover my account through Microsoft sports...