No longer getting Game Bar notifications

Discus and support No longer getting Game Bar notifications in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by grooner, Dec 10, 2023.

1. grooner
    grooner Guest

Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have happened.

At first they just stopped popping up on the desktop but now they dont even appear in the taskbar notifications

I've tried all the usual app reset fixes and an disable/enable of related settings in the Game Bar app and in Windows notifications but nothing has brought them back.

:)

grooner, Dec 10, 2023
  2. King Draigo Win User

Current broken version is 6.123.11012.0 on Nov 13th.

I just downloaded the older version from Oct 23rd, now trying to find out if its gonna work, just in case it does I'll just leave the link to the page to download the older versions here.

https://xbox-game-bar.en.uptodown.c...you need a rollback,Xbox Game Bar for Windows.

Update: I finally received a party notification. I'll see if everything else works later when friends get online such as game invites and dm's
  3. grooner Win User

It seemed to start after recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps but MS also roll out changes gradually.

Fixes like app resets, signing out and in, or toggling notification settings. don't help but notifications can randomly start working for a day and then stop again - so its not 100% broken.

Rather than it being a local PC issue It's possible that achievements and rewards are recorded by their servers which then communicate with our PC to cause a Windows notification to trigger - so it's something in this complex path that's not working.

Reporting issues either here or in the Feedback Hub seems to have no effect on getting a fix.
  4. xLostRampage Win User

Yeah was gonna reply back here to say sadly it's a temporary solution and have to remove and add account back every time I boot up my pc which is pretty annoying, have reported this to the support on twitter really hope it can be fixed permanently
  5. ang3l of fire4Xic7 Win User

Attention people I found a fix for me and finally got my first notification after 5 days

All I did was:

Made my windows user account a local account (ignore if it's already local) then I just removed my account from my pc then signed out of the Xbox app, then I signed back into the game bar which added my account back to my pc in the process and boom cheevos are popping again, at least for the moment
    This worked for me this morning. Turned off my pc to take a nap and got back on and it’s back to no notifications for me again.
  6. xLostRampage Win User

Yeah I'm still not getting any notifications for achievements or parties but messages pop up just fine it's so weird. My game bar is fully updated not sure what else to do
Thema:

1. No longer getting Game Bar notifications - Similar Threads - longer getting Game

2. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  3. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  4. I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer: I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer ? 7e2ac95b-d535-458a-a819-95314ad47866
  5. i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...: i woke up one day and turns out im perm console banned no warnings no strikes no previous account bans just immediate console ban ive found out xbox cant lift console bans so i need to know if i...
  6. Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?: Hi, I downloaded mine craft from a card download that came with my Xbox (I downloaded it on pc). I recently had to factory reset my pc and now my Microsoft store says I no longer own the game. Is...
  7. games I purchased are no longer in my xbox game pass account. Whats the deal? How do I get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games I purchased are no longer in my xbox game pass account. Whats the deal? How do I get...: How do i get support to get my games back without having to buy them again. Just a few of the minecraft games I purchased are no longer in my account. 00ec7d95-9159-4dea-aa80-616472694d32
  8. I can no longer get the game I paid for back in May

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer get the game I paid for back in May: I bought a special version of F1 2022 on May 13, and the last day to get it was May 16. Today is the first day to play the pre ordered early access for the game. The problem is that I thought it...
  9. Superman returns (game) Why can I no longer get superman returns on any Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Superman returns (game) Why can I no longer get superman returns on any Xbox?: Why can I no longer get superman returns on any Xbox? submitted by /u/WeMakeMattSuffer [link] [comments]
  10. Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?: Recently bought 2 expansions for cities skylines and now it looks like the game is no longer available. Is it possible to get a refunds for the DLC or did I get totally scammed? Either way at...