No longer able to use gamer account because my son forgot his login info.

Discus and support No longer able to use gamer account because my son forgot his login info. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I will try to make this short. I created four accounts through family May 2013 one for me three for my children. Before Christmas my son changed his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ashleylad, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ashleylad
    ashleylad Guest

I will try to make this short.

I created four accounts through family May 2013 one for me three for my children. Before Christmas my son changed his login email and password but forgot this info. The email account was a hotmail one and he never used it on a computer.

Recently he tried to login and forgot his details and got the account blocked and cannot reset it as he cannot remember enough information to reset it.

After two weeks of messing and several emails and phone calls to xbox support a member of the advocates team responded and said they could not reset the account due to lack of info to verify. So I have an account with over six months live left but no longer
    able to use it. I paid for it!

They said all routes of recovery have been exhausted. They recommended to still enjoy benefits of xbox live purchase a new account.

I am really annoyed and frustrated that with today's technology there are not other ways to prove I purchased this account. I currently have four other accounts now and feel let down. Can someone not check my gamer tag purchase history and the use of this
    account via my isp. I have 6 xbox 360 consoles all registered to the address from where the gamer tag was originally created. I have spent thousands on xbox 360 last 6 years, so feeling pretty hard done to.

I cannot remember reading in the terms and conditions that if you forget your login info you will have your paid subscription taken away from you.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or can offer some suggestion.

Ash

:)

ashleylad, Jan 30, 2014
  2. Account Lost

My little brother cant sign in because he forgot his login info (i.e. email and password) how can I recover it for him. His account is JKKILLER2102.

NascarFan120694, Jan 30, 2014
  3. Unable to Login to Windows 10

Hi,

My son logged in to Xbox live. Now the only user we see when we try to login to his computer is the one he made up for his Xbox live account - and he forgot his password. How do we change to his regular username so that we can login?

Thanks,

Bill

ChickenMoney128, Jan 30, 2014
  4. No longer able to use gamer account because my son forgot his login info.

It's not just forgotten log-in info but security information has also been forgotten. Microsoft takes phishing for accounts--not that I'm suggesting this is what you're doing--very seriously and this system is set up to protect it's clients from identity
    theft and more.

Surely you would not want someone to just look at your achievement list, figure out what you've purchased, and who just so happens to know what ISP you use--very easy to determine--to potentially have all your credit card and personal information just because
    of those two little facts now would you?

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 30, 2014
  5. ashleylad
    ashleylad Guest
    Yes indeed sorry he forgot all information.

I really do appreciate the security measures but it does not ease the frustration.

There are six people in our household I have 4 children so I would be going to an awful lot of trouble to get someone elses account. I have already paid for four the most recent one only this month for my daughter.

I would have thought they could remotely check the gamertag against the person who bought it. That person being me.

Perhaps I will have to just put it down to experience or lack of it in my sons case!

Maybe he has learnt a valuable lesson, and a costly one at that. I think anyone reading this would appreciate that I have paid for something and unable to use it.

ashleylad, Jan 30, 2014
  6. Might I recommend that in the future you personally set up children's accounts so that you will know the security information.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Might I recommend that in the future you personally set up children's accounts so that you will know the security information.
  8. ashleylad Win User

Yes indeed sorry he forgot all information.

I really do appreciate the security measures but it does not ease the frustration.

There are six people in our household I have 4 children so I would be going to an awful lot of trouble to get someone elses account. I have already paid for four the most recent one only this month for my daughter.

I would have thought they could remotely check the gamertag against the person who bought it. That person being me.

Perhaps I will have to just put it down to experience or lack of it in my sons case!

Maybe he has learnt a valuable lesson, and a costly one at that. I think anyone reading this would appreciate that I have paid for something and unable to use it.
  9. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

It's not just forgotten log-in info but security information has also been forgotten. Microsoft takes phishing for accounts--not that I'm suggesting this is what you're doing--very seriously and this system is set up to protect it's clients from identity
    theft and more.

Surely you would not want someone to just look at your achievement list, figure out what you've purchased, and who just so happens to know what ISP you use--very easy to determine--to potentially have all your credit card and personal information just because
    of those two little facts now would you?
  10. DavidFerrier2 Win User

Put in wrong gamer tag on set up .

My step son has an account and his gamer tag is longer than 12 characters long ??
  11. lukx6666 Win User

Account recovery didn't work

Oh I forgot, this account is the account from my son. My old gamer Tag is FPz Lusankya
Thema:

1. No longer able to use gamer account because my son forgot his login info. - Similar Threads - longer able gamer

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  4. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  5. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  6. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...
  7. Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?: I purchased the disc version of Arkham Origins recently and wanted to buy the season pass. Even when accessing the content through the in-game store, the only prompt it shows is just a cancel...
  8. My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games.: My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games. It is requiring the person who bought the game to sign in in order to play. We have reset our consoles and made sure that person A...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. your device is no longer able to participate in the network because it can’t communicate...

in XBoX on Consoles
    your device is no longer able to participate in the network because it can’t communicate...: The NAT type is fine for everything except my Xbox all of a sudden. How do I fix this? [img] 30a7494a-03b5-4afb-9e6c-0a8ccc99ab75