No headset sound in or out, either way. Cant hear or be heard at all!!!

Discus and support No headset sound in or out, either way. Cant hear or be heard at all!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok about a month or 2 ago, my sons headset just stopped communicating. He could hear others in the party but could not be heard through the headset. We... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S 1v1 Me Bro, Jun 12, 2016.

1. S 1v1 Me Bro
    S 1v1 Me Bro Guest

Ok about a month or 2 ago, my sons headset just stopped communicating. He could hear others in the party but could not be heard through the headset. We went through support, tried a new mic, new controller, went through all the settings, nothing fixed it.
    Went to a friends xb1 and tried his controller/headset, everything worked perfectly. Microsoft said problem with console. Paid the exchange repair fee, got the xb1 back. Now no communication at all either way!!! We have tried everything we can think of. What
    do we do? Paid $125 for nothing. Now stuck in a rut. Please help!!!!

:)

S 1v1 Me Bro, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Please help, no chat

Hi,

I cannot hear or be heard in chat. Either party or game. I can join parties and online games no lag etc. Headset is fine and can Skype. Not muted. Diagnostics all fine. Moderate NAT. 4.5mb up, 1.5 down. Im completely stuck!

TheRealGavlaa, Jun 12, 2016
  3. lambs2004
    lambs2004 Guest
    No sound be sides party

i can't here game sound or Xbox sounds on my headset. I can only hear party and chat sounds. I could hear both at one point but now I cant. Please help

lambs2004, Jun 12, 2016
  4. StoneStep 1014 Win User

Headset Adapter Question

They haven't announced either way, but if they don't announce it soon, I would towards afterwards. However, all is not lost. Many 360 headsets will still work for sound. What the adapter is for is to use it for chat. Until the adapter comes out, you can
    use the kinect to chat while using the headset to hear.
  5. DrawnGunslinger Win User

When your child gets a random friend request . . .

Possible solution here - Dont give them a headset. Or get a headset that has seperate volume channels for game sound and voice chat. Then turn the voice chat all the way down and unplug the mic wire from the controller so they cant hear or talk to anyone.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

XBOX One Headset Volume

Hello Toxxic,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. Sounds like the headset may be having issues. As you cant hear anything with two different controllers. Have you tried a different headset?

Thanks,

Brad
  7. Count Nachos Win User

What are the Odds of winning?

[quote user="Darth Arbys"]

I love my X11's even though the sound is going out because I crank my headphones to the max

[/quote]

My friend turns the volume of his TBs up max. All i hear is his sound going in his mic and coming out out my headphones. Plus he has to shout because he cant hear himself. So i turn the chat volume down then i cant hear my other friends using the standard
    xb headset.
  8. YonEer Win User

Sound/audio

1 This is the only game i play but i think on other games i still wouldn't be able to hear

2 Yes but i still cant hear with those either

3 No It said either

. • mute all other sounds

. • reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%

. • reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%

. • do nothing

I dont know which one to choose When i checked it, it was the 3rd one. By the way When i got the xbox i didnt set the settings (or anything) up. It was all my brother but i cant ask him anything because he is away until September
Thema:

1. No headset sound in or out, either way. Cant hear or be heard at all!!! - Similar Threads - headset sound either

2. Help! When in a party, others say that my headset sounds choppy.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! When in a party, others say that my headset sounds choppy.: These are some solutions I have tried so far. Originally, I thought it was a headset or controller issue, so I tried to switch my controller and headset but this did not change anything. I then...
  3. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  4. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  5. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  6. Headset controller sound Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset controller sound Xbox series S: Hello, I am at wits end on this now. For some reason, when I plug our headset into my second controller, I get no sound, this is a Xbox original wireless controller that I bought last week, and...
  7. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  8. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....
  9. Headset popping sounds when using app's

in XboX Insiders
    Headset popping sounds when using app's: When I play games or just browse on the home menu everything sounds fine, but when I open apps such as spotify or YouTube there's a popping noise any help would be appreciated!! submitted by...
  10. Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off: I have a jbl usb head set and when i put the usb in all my sound shuts down everything goes including the laptop speakers and says that no audio drivers are installed. i thought it might be the...