No HDMI "Out" on TV

Discus and support No HDMI "Out" on TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to watch TV through my X-Box One. While I have 2 HDMI "INPUTS" on my TV, there are no HDMI "OUTPUTS". I believe I need an HDMI Output... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LordlyCrowd4996, Aug 4, 2014.

1. No HDMI "Out" on TV

I would like to watch TV through my X-Box One. While I have 2 HDMI "INPUTS" on my TV, there are no HDMI "OUTPUTS". I believe I need an HDMI Output from the TV to run it to the X-Box One HDMI Input. Can you please confirm if (a) my line of thinking is
    even correct and (b) what options do I have to make this work? Thank you!

:)

LordlyCrowd4996, Aug 4, 2014
  2. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    Connecting One to a TV that has no HDMI Inputs

[quote user="Treanne"]

Hi, I'm new here and not sure where or how to post a new chat! I'm having problems with live TV. We have satellite TV but the receiver is in the TV (Samsung) and not a separate box. We have 2 HDMI cables but there is no out HDMI port on the tv to connect
    to the in HDMI port on the xbox one to connect the live tv. Is anyone able to help?

[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no way to connect the internal Receiver of the TV to the Xbox One for TV functions,

The HDMI IN on the Xbox One is designed to work with Satellite or Cable TV which involves having a separate box that normally connects to the TV with an HDMI cable.

WillSmithVXR, Aug 4, 2014
  3. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest
    xbox one's tv abilities?

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]Hmm....Ok I'm rather confused by all this, as I read something that it'd use an HDMi in/out passthrough, or something like that.[/quote]Correct. The back of the console has an HDMI In and an HDMI
    Out. The console can control attached HDMI devices using either HDMI-CEC (a communication protocol that allows HDMI devices to control other HDMI devices), or using an IR blaster (small wire with an IR emitter on the end that can replicate the functionality
    of a remote control.
    That would be a problem. You would need to have the cable box swapped out with
    one that can provide HDMI out. You'll also need a TV that supports HDMI. The Xbox One has no analog video out.

[/quote]Well, my TV actually has 4 HDMI, which I'm pretty certain all of which are HDMI-in; 3 on the back and 1 on the side panel of my TV. And like Is aid it's just my cable box that doesn't appears to have any HDMI, unless perhaps
    there's a panel covering ports I'm not aware of, I have no idea, really, what the little black plastic strips screwed in are on the back of my box.

Dave Eckert, Aug 4, 2014
  4. No HDMI "Out" on TV

Hi there XB1 can only Input via HDMI - this means you`ll Need a Setup Box/reciever and from Setupbox with HDMI to XB1 (HDMI IN).

If your TV-Signal Comes straight out wall and if there is no reciever/setupbox between TV-TV-Outlet,

it will not work.

Your chain of Setup should be like:

TV-cable/satelite (Coax?) -> Setupbox/reciever-> from Reciever via HDMI ->
    to XB1

Bhutankam Pema, Aug 4, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

No HDMI "Out" on TV