No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC

Discus and support No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I having been trying for days to get games to install with no success from the Xbox app. I recently installed and SSD and installed Halo Infinite,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeffreyBorland, Aug 24, 2023.

1. No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC

I having been trying for days to get games to install with no success from the Xbox app.

I recently installed and SSD and installed Halo Infinite, Solasta and Gears Tactics with no problems.

Now for some reasons I cannot install anything. I tried to download Gears 5 full edition, but received an error. Hivebusters was stuck and took me awhile to remove it from the queue. I also removed Halo Infinite, Solasta and Gears Tactics and tried to re-install but no luck. Keep getting the error message with a code 0x80070490.

I have tried everything I have found in the internet.

Deleting and reinstalling xbox app

Reseting and repairing xbox app

Reseting and repairing microsoft store app

Tried installing from store app with no luck

Error code: 0x80070490

Tried uninstalling and reinstallling gaming services through Powershell.

Tried logging out and logging in in both Microsoft store and Xbox app.

Checked my date and time to ensure they are correct.

Tried turning off firewall.

Tried installing Amoung Us to my C: drive by same error.

Tried using GamingRepairTool.exe with no luck

Haven't tried a full wipe re-installing Windows 11, but would rather avoid this.

The one game that does start downloading is Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. I didn't fully install the game, but it actually started downloading.

Everything else says preparing, the goes into error even a small game like Among Us.

Tried Pre-install for Starfield, but also gave an error message.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

:)

JeffreyBorland, Aug 24, 2023
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app on PC to install Gamepass games?
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello JeffreyBorland,

You're welcome and thanks for trying our suggestions.

We notice that even if the Microsoft Store is being reset the installation issue still persist. After uninstallation of the antivirus also did not fix the Xbox app issue. We would like to ensure that your PC is secured and to continue this troubleshooting we recommend you reach out to our experts - the live support team for the details on other troubleshooting. Please contact live support team in your convenient time:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

[​IMG]

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Regards,
  4. Florian Castelli Win User

Thanks for you answer !

I've tried everything to stay away from reinstalling W11 but seems like it was the only fix possible.

I've created a .iso file via Windows Creation Tool, reinstalled W11 and kept my file.

Xbox app works perfectly now. It's a shame we have to go through all those things to... download a file.

It would never occur on steam for instance but seems like all those hidden files, priorities and exception from Xbox app are a complete mess...

Florian
  5. JeffreyBorland Win User

Kathy:

Thanks for your response, I added the Xbox app and the Store to the exception list, however that did not work. I have fully uninstalled McAfee whish also did not work.

I ran WSRESET.EXE a few time with Run as Administrator, however that also did not work.

I am still receiving the same error messages from both the Xbox app and the microsoft store.

I can still install apps that do not support installation to a specific folder, however the apps that require Admin approval keep giving me the error message.

I just installed Microsoft Mahjong and that download and installed fine.

Thanks.

Jeff B.
  6. Tony_Lex Win User

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Yeah, unfortunately, a reinstall seems to be the only solution. Well, apart from saying "No" to Xbox app, cancelling the subscription and taking my gaming elsewhere. GOG, Steam, EGS, everything works fine and doesn't require to uproot the whole system just to fix an installation problem. Such a shame. Anyway, will probably stay with Microsoft this time, but should this happen again, and I have a feeling it will, ugh... Maybe they'll fix it until that time?
Thema:

1. No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - gamepass games install

2. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  3. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  4. Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching): Gamepass games that I installed on my laptop aren't getting past launch loading screen. Left one loading for 15 minutes and the game didn't launch. Using 2019 Macbook Pro running Windows 11 via...
  5. Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive: As the title says, when installed to my two other drives, d and e, the games will sometimes start and run before shutting down instantly. Or they won't start at all, giving the message, "(game)...
  6. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%: Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows two times. I noticed after buying the...
  7. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  8. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  9. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  10. GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490: As per title. Have tried lots of online suggestions from full power recycle, sfcscannow, dism, reinstall app, install on different drive, clear cache, delete xbox app data folders, clear store...