No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

Discus and support No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CheckTaT, Jun 22, 2024.

1. CheckTaT
    CheckTaT Guest

Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and when on a voice call, whether in game or through Discord, the in game audio is muted.

So, audio is fine in game, I can hear all in game audio, but the second a VC in any way is connected, no in game audio. If I end the VC, in game audio immediately returns.

I have tried every single setting in Windows. Every Sound setting playback/recording option, tried it. Xbox gamebar settings, tried them. Xbox accessories app on Windows, useless.

Ive connected the headset to my Xbox series S and updated them to 0.0.9.50. I noticed when on my Xbox that there is an option to mute in game audio when a bluetooth call is connected. That option isnt available on the Xbox accessories app on Windows (which only works when connected via a USB cable, not bluetooth. Even though it works on Xbox via bluetooth. Whats that all about?) Im thinking that option may be on by default on PC with no way to turn it off. Which, if true, is ridiculous.

Ive also noticed that with the default config, the mute button doesnt actually mute the mic. The light goes off, but people in game can still hear me. I cant find a config in control panel/sound/recording that makes it work. Its either always on or always off.

Microsoft, dodgy £20 headsets off Aliexpress can do both in game audio and VC calls at the same time. This is your headset on your OS. Whats going on?

Im so, so, so disappointed in this. The headset itself is great. Build quality, audio quality, i couldnt ask for better for the price. Why is your software/firmware so terrible though. Theyre currently unusable if I want to play with friends. Do I need to return them and buy Aliexpress junk that actually works?

:)

CheckTaT, Jun 22, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: