No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Discus and support No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It was announced a while back that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be getting FPS boost on Xbox Series X/S. I'm on Series X and don't see the option... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sniffleguy, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Sniffleguy
    Sniffleguy Guest

It was announced a while back that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be getting FPS boost on Xbox Series X/S. I'm on Series X and don't see the option for it, as when I go into compatibility options, FPS boost is greyed out (I already did a hard reset on the console a couple of times in an attempt to fix this). This seems weird, since recently the game was updated on the store page to have the 'Optimised for Series X|S' icon, but there only seems to be One X optimisation at most in the game.

Was the FPS boost removed for some reason, or do other people still have it? Windows Central includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider in its FPS boost list, but Major Nelson's list doesn't, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

:)

Sniffleguy, Jul 28, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Firstly I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Yes, Shadow of The Tomb Raider has FPS BOOST, if it is not working on your console, I ask you to try to uninstall the game and install it again, probably the new generation patch that came out replaced the technology implemented by Microsoft.

*You can check this information at the link below.

https://gamerant.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-...
  3. Sniffleguy Win User

After reinstalling, sadly not much seemed to change for some reason, as the 'high framerate' and 'high resolution' graphical modes give clear differences in performance, as high resolution doesn't feel 60FPS and high framerate changes the image quality, so it doesn't feel like it's optimised for Series X|S for me like it says it should (it also doesn't have the FPS boost still). Very odd.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I believe there is some confusion between 'Optimised for Series X|S' and FPS boost. When a game is optimised for Series X|S, it means that a game update was released from the developer of that particular game to boost it's graphics and performance. Optimised games will not have an FPS boost option in compatibility settings.

The recent update to Shadow of the Tomb raider increased the game resolution to 4K (using dynamic rendering) increasing the frame rate at 4K to 60 fps. The Xbox One X version of the game only runs at 30 fps in 4K.

FPS boost is a game modification made by Microsoft's own BC team, the developer doesn't provide this boost. Some Xbox One games with FPS boost have it enabled by default, others (usually the 120Hz enabled titles) do not.

Like I said earlier, Optimised games do not have an FPS boost option as the performance has been increased by the developer.

I hope that makes sense.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Do not hesitate to contact us when you need us, we are here to help.
  6. Sniffleguy Win User

Ok, thank you for the link and all the help!
Thema:

1. No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Similar Threads - FPS Boost Shadow

2. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  3. [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.

in XboX Insiders
    [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.: I would like to suggest an idea! So the Xbox Series X and Series S boasted having loads of power. This problem is not all the games are taking advantage of this. I would like to suggest! For xbox...
  4. Why did the fps boost program end?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did the fps boost program end?: Why did the fps boost program end? Sure not all games can be fps boosted but that doesn't mean flat out end it. There are games such as red dead redemption 1 and 2, AVP, batman, and more that...
  5. Is there a way to get FPS Boost added to a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to get FPS Boost added to a game?: Hello, Im wondering if it would be at all possible to have a game, Yakuza Kiwami 2, to have FPS Boost enabled. Yakuza Kiwami 2 doesn't have it as an option, while all the other titles do, or...
  6. Incorrectly labeled FPS boost in the store

in XboX Insiders
    Incorrectly labeled FPS boost in the store: In the store, it says that Far Cry 3 Classic Edition has an fps boost compatibility option, and that the original Far Cry 3 does not. I have purchased the Classic Edition in the anthology bundle...
  7. Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?: I finally got my hands on a Series X console and my favorite feature by far is the Auto HDR & FPS boost for games that have not received an official Series X upgrade. The sad thing though, is that...
  8. FPS BOOST! When are we going to get another patch for some more games? Tired of wanting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS BOOST! When are we going to get another patch for some more games? Tired of wanting to...: Any news about when the next FPS boost update will happen? I know the programme has stopped but I'm really wanting to go back and play some of my favourite titles. E.G. The AC franchise start to...
  9. FPS Boost Shadow of Mordor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS Boost Shadow of Mordor: What's the status on continuing to bring older games up to higher FPS standards such as Shadow of Mordor among others. 7cedb898-ac0c-463d-8a1f-1ba722a33f82
  10. Shadow of the Tomb Raider FPS Boost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider FPS Boost: Hello I wondered if the Xbox team are looking to introduce or are looking at a FPS Boost update to shadow of the tomb raider, Rise of the tomb raider and tomb raider. I love playing all the games,...