No error code, failed connection test

Discus and support No error code, failed connection test in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I changed my wifi password and now my Xbox 360 refuses to connect to the internet. The connection test fails and gives a red x in the second phase.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnevenerNebula5, Jul 9, 2016.

1. No error code, failed connection test

I changed my wifi password and now my Xbox 360 refuses to connect to the internet. The connection test fails and gives a red x in the second phase. There isn't an error code. I have, of course changed the password on my system to my new updated password.
    It does find my network but fails to connect. Any suggestions? I have been on the same network at the same IP address for over 1 1/2 years with no problems. My ISP is ATT. Motorola router. Frustrated owner.

:)

UnevenerNebula5, Jul 9, 2016
  2. nfowler562
    nfowler562 Guest
    Windows 10 and Xbox 360

Test Xbox live Connection

Xbox 360 ->network

Test failed-There's a problem with your connection. Let's try to fix it.(null)

Select suggestions*

IP address error Suggestion 1 of 4

No error code

nfowler562, Jul 9, 2016
  3. connect to live through laptop

modem brand: sb5100

router: linksys wrt4g

network connection type wired

US PA

s UPnP Enabled? don't know

Is NAT Type Open? don't know

Any Error Codes you encounter: none

What type of internet do you have? Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? service electric

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? just says "test failed" no explanation why or error code

TarsalVirginia0, Jul 9, 2016
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

The wireless devices may have stopped working because the devices are still using an old password. If you have changed the Wi-Fi password, you will need to remove the old wireless settings saved on your device and reconnect to the wireless network again
    using the new password. Removing the old wireless settings will prompt you to enter the new password.

To reconfigure your wireless settings follow the steps in this link:

support.xbox.com/.../configure-wireless-settings

M3tal Daz3, Jul 9, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: