No Center Channel While Gaming?!

Discus and support No Center Channel While Gaming?! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an LG C2 TV hooked up to the LG S90QY 5.1.3 soundbar. Both work fantastic. I have an Xbox Series X and a PS5 hooked up to the TV. While playing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Topher41491, Oct 24, 2023.

1. No Center Channel While Gaming?!

I have an LG C2 TV hooked up to the LG S90QY 5.1.3 soundbar. Both work fantastic. I have an Xbox Series X and a PS5 hooked up to the TV.

While playing Xbox, I noticed that I lose 99% of sound through my center channel. The majority of sound comes out the L/R and rears. While flipping through the dashboard I get center sound, but as soon as I go back to the game I don't. I was playing Halo Infinite the other day. While watching one of the intro cinematics, I get beautiful 5.1 surround through every speaker. Once the cinematic is over, center channel and up firing center channel disappear almost completely. Any dialogue or any noise from directly in front of me will come from the sides.

I noticed that as I search through all the online forums that this is a big issue for a lot of people. Is the problem just the specific games or content themselves? My sound bar works and doesn't have any issues. I spoke with LG and they told me it's the source of where the sound is coming from. Stereo uncompressed works fine with no problem in any situation, but when I switch the Xbox to 5.1, 7.1 or Dolby the problem shows up. I want to be able to enjoy 3D sound, not just L/R 2.0 being forced through every speaker.

Has anyone discovered a work around or fix for this? I feel like I have tried all the possibilities for this. Passthrough, console to sound bar, etc. TV and soundbar use HDMI 2.1 e/ARC also. I've heard there have been issues with Xbox for a long time now regarding this. I have also read about people experiencing these issues on PS5. Any feedback would be super helpful. Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Topher41491
    [link] [comments]

/u/Topher41491, Oct 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

No Center Channel While Gaming?!