No boot up when usb device plugged into xbox 360

Discus and support No boot up when usb device plugged into xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all. This subject has probably been broached a few times but genuinely I cannot find a fix. Situation: 1. Wired controller plugged in to the LEFT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JawZ0202, Jan 3, 2014.

1. JawZ0202
    JawZ0202 Guest

Hi all. This subject has probably been broached a few times but genuinely I cannot find a fix.

Situation:

1. Wired controller plugged in to the LEFT usb port.

2. Push the power button on the xbox.

3. Light on power pack (brick) turns ORANGE instantly.

4. Remove controller. Disconnect power supply from wall. Wait a few seconds and reconnect the power.

5. Push the power button (without the contrlloer connected). System boots fine.

6. Reconnect the controller to the LEFT usb port and power pack light turns orange shutting down the consol.

7. If the RIGHT usb port is used there is no issue.

Obviously this is a usb issue but I cannot find a fix. One fix is to go wireless but if I can avoid the expense I'll be grateful for any help proffered.

Thanks in advance

Graham

:)

JawZ0202, Jan 3, 2014
  2. PNY USB Flash Drive Issue---need help PLEASE

Hello SignatorySpoon !

IrayDawg is right, Attempting to plug the USB device into another Xbox 360 console Could be an option for rescuing your save data. Although, I also have data on two flash drives. Once, i plugged one of those into my back USB port on my Xbox slim, It didn't
    show up as a storage device, yet when i put it in the front it did. Made me wonder whether Storage Devices could only be attached and accessed through the front USB ports, but i have no confirmation of whether this is actually true.

Bearded Goliath, Jan 3, 2014
  3. mrbofus_
    mrbofus_ Guest
    Xbox 360 won't boot with USB external hard drive connected

I forgot to mention, we have another 500GB drive that works fine. The Xbox 360 boots up just fine with the 500GB drive attached. I've also tested it with a 32GB flash drive and it boots up fine with that too. It seems to just be the 1TB drive that it
    has an issue with, only on the boot. We have nothing else plugged into the USB ports.

mrbofus_, Jan 3, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: