No audio through series S controller headset

Discus and support No audio through series S controller headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bayo adetunji, Jun 14, 2023.

1. No audio through series S controller headset

I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine.

:)

bayo adetunji, Jun 14, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

This may mean that the issue is with the controller itself. Kindly check if there is an update for the controller by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Crackling popping and snapping in headsets when using xbox

Hello Payton L, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing crackling, popping, or snapping sounds in your headsets when using your Xbox Series S, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure that the headset is properly connected to the Xbox controller. Make sure the headset cable is securely plugged into the controller and that there are no loose connections.

2. Outdated controller firmware can sometimes cause audio issues. Connect your Xbox controller to your Xbox Series S using a USB cable and check for any available controller firmware updates. You can do this by navigating to the "Settings" menu, selecting "Devices & connections," and choosing "Accessories." Then, select your controller and look for any available firmware updates.

3. Try restarting your Xbox Series S to refresh the system and potentially resolve any temporary issues. Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to open the power menu, then select "Restart console." After the console restarts, check if the audio issues persist.

4. Navigate to the Xbox Series S settings and make sure the audio settings are properly configured. Go to the "Settings" menu, select "General," then choose "Volume & audio output." Check the audio settings, including the volume levels, chat mixer, and spatial audio settings. You can try adjusting these settings to see if it improves the audio quality.

5. If possible, try using a different Xbox controller and see if the audio issues persist. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the controller or if it's a broader issue with the Xbox Series S.

6. Wireless interference can cause audio problems. Ensure that there are no wireless devices or other sources of interference near your Xbox Series S or the controller. Move away any devices that may be causing interference, such as routers, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.
    Best regards.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  5. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
  6. bowski477 Win User

what should i do about the controller?

Does the headset work on another controller? Do you have your audio settings set up for audio to come through the headset?
Thema:

1. No audio through series S controller headset - Similar Threads - audio through series

2. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  3. Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.: Hello, I am trying to send audio through my xbox one x controller wirelessly on Windows 11, When I connect it with a wire I can get audio to come through it. When I unplug it I cannot get audio to...
  4. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  5. Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?: No sounds from Discord VC is played on TV speakers. The chat overlay shows that sound is being played, and all sound goes through when a headset is attached, but if no headset is attached it just...
  6. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  7. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  8. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  9. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  10. Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...: I see that it can connect via blue tooth to have the audio transfered from the TV to the Bluetooth headset, but what if you are not using Bluetooth. How does one get the audio to play by plugging...