No audio through headset when connected to monitor

Discus and support No audio through headset when connected to monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m currently using my monitor to play on my Xbox, via a HDMI to vga cable. I understand my monitor will not give out sound. However, i am still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brooklyn680, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Brooklyn680
    Brooklyn680 Guest

I’m currently using my monitor to play on my Xbox, via a HDMI to vga cable. I understand my monitor will not give out sound. However, i am still unavailable to get sound when plugging my headset into my wired controller. Could you please help?

:)

Brooklyn680, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brooklyn680, try to check your audio settings, they have to be configured to send the sound to the TV, in your case the monitor and its controls.

"To access Audio Passthrough, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile and System > Settings > General > Volume and Audio Output > Additional Options > Allow Passthrough."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

When in General Volume Audio & Output, try setting Speaker Audio to Uncompressed Stereo, and Headset Audio to Windows Sonic.
  3. Brooklyn680 Win User

Hi, thank you I’ve tried this and still no luck, when on the volume and output options my speaker Audio ( HDMI and Optical ) are unchangeable, my headset Audio is and is set to windows sonic. My monitor does not give out Audio but i can hear fine when my pc is connected up to it. Do you have any other recommendations? Thank you i really appreciate it.
  4. Brooklyn680 Win User

I’ve tried different headsets, ear phones etc. I could get game volume when the Xbox was connected to my TV, however my mic would just give out static volume so it could be my controller. However still not able to hear game volume through my monitor.. Thank you.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have you tried another headset or another controller?
  6. Hellhog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 No Audio on TV

Here is another post that I wrote up earlier but didn't post:

Ok, I'm a little confused. Just to be sure, what is not working when:

1. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is directly connected to the TV?

2. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is only connected to the Headset?

3. Does the game audio work through the headset when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and Headset?

4. Does the game audio work through the TV when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and headset?

Note, the headset contains two different audio channels, when connected to the controller, you are receieving the Chat channel, when connected to the Xbox you are receiving the Game audio (the same that would go through the TV). The settings on the Xbox are
    for Chat audio only. That should be set to headset only for when using the headset, this will cause game audio to play through both the TV and Headset while Chat audio through the headset only, if set to both game audio remains the same but Chat audio will
    play through both, and of course of set to speakers then game audio will still play through both but chat audio will play only through the TV. Ideally, this should be set to headset only especially when using the X12.

As for the issues with sound, if it is your TV not producing the sound, check the settings on the TV. Make sure the connections are appropriate. You said you are using Composite, that means the standard Yellow video cable should be connected and the Red and
    White audio cables need to be connected to the corresponding audio for that Video cable. Some TVs, such as my family's still strong Tube TV have 3 auxiliary sources all of which use the Composite Yellow Video cable. Make sure, if you have multiple inputs for
    video, that the audio cables are connected to the correct coresponding source. For example, your TV may have Video 1 and Video 2 but if the video is connected to Video 1 and the audio to Video 2, then you will receive only Video when on Video 1 and only Audio
    when on Video 2.

I'm sorry if any of this is redundant or obvious for you but the first part of this message (the 4 questions above) will better help me in assisting you further. Otherwise I'm slightly confused as to what your second post is saying. As a note, when I say game
    audio, test out a game to be sure. Check to make sure volume is on on devices as well.
Thema:

1. No audio through headset when connected to monitor - Similar Threads - audio through headset

2. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  3. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  4. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  5. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  6. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....
  7. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One: I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset, except for my friends in Discord call. If I...
  8. How do I get game audio through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get game audio through my headset?: I have recently gotten an Xbox One S and I don't understand why my game audio only comes from my TV instead of my headset, I've checked all the settings but there seems to be nothing there that...
  9. No Audio is working and coming through my headset but party chat works fine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Audio is working and coming through my headset but party chat works fine?: My audio is not coming through my headset only my party chat comes through. I've tried everything on settings and audio / headset format (tried everything) and also updated my controller...
  10. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c