No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine

Discus and support No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The setup is fairly basic: HDMI from DirecTV receiver to Sony Home Theatre unit, HDMI from Sony Home Theater unit to Xbox One, and HDMI from XBox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisLeuty, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ChrisLeuty
    ChrisLeuty Guest

The setup is fairly basic: HDMI from DirecTV receiver to Sony Home Theatre unit, HDMI from Sony Home Theater unit to Xbox One, and HDMI from XBox One to TV. TV Passthru, One Guide, etc all work fine. I can watch Live TV, DVR, or Bluerays without issue.
    When calibrating Kinect, no sounds play through the speakers (sound is up all the way). Attempts to hear sounds in Apps (like XBox Videos) also produces no sound. I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

:)

ChrisLeuty, Dec 31, 2014
  2. seicam
    seicam Guest
    No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

Can you explain this a bit more? I have a slightly different setup and trying to get it to work.

I have the following:

- Comcast Settop box

- Xbox one

- Yamaha receiver

- LG TV

I have connected:

Settop to Xbox, through HDMI

Xbox to Yamaha, through HDMI

LG TV was already connected to Yamaha, and I have been switching everything thorough Yamaha already.

Everything works fine except one thing - audio for Live TV. I have audio for games, video, etc, everything that comes from Xbox directly. Live TV video works, but no audio. I have gone through the Live TV setup and Xbox correctly controls the settop box
    (channels up/down).

Previously the settop box was connected directly to Yamaha, through the same HDMI, and everything worked.

Any ideas?

seicam, Dec 31, 2014
  3. Aleach
    Aleach Guest
    Xbox One Audio Setup Issue

I just replaced the XBox One in my home theatre system with an XBox One S. Audio on the previous XBox One setup worked just fine. I removed that console and dropped an Xbox One S into it's place, wired it the same way, went through the setup, etc. I do use
    the HDMI passthru to run my TV through the Xboxes. After completing this setup, the TV and associated TV audio did work fine through the Xbox and my Denon home theatre system, but when I run anything else on the S console, all I get is the TV audio. I see
    Netflix and game video, but with TV audio. I've gone through all the audio Setup options I can find in Settings and all the settings on my home theatre, but can never get anything but TV audio. As I said before, this is a straight drop-in replacement. Nothing,
    except the absence of the Kinect, should be any different.

Anybody got any ideas to try?

Aleach, Dec 31, 2014
  4. Delta4 SJ
    Delta4 SJ Guest

It might be a problem that you are putting the DirecTV feed via your home theater unit. I found this a issue a while back with a TiVo box. My solution was to get an active HDMI splitter and putting a feed to the back of the home theater unit and the other
    to the xbox. The other thing you could try is change the sound output setting on the xbox.

Delta4 SJ, Jan 1, 2015
  5. ChrisLeuty
    ChrisLeuty Guest
    if I split before the home theatre unit, does that mean that I can no longer have home theatre sound when doing TV passthru?

ChrisLeuty, Oct 31, 2018
  6. ChrisLeuty Win User

if I split before the home theatre unit, does that mean that I can no longer have home theatre sound when doing TV passthru?
  7. Delta4 SJ Win User

It might be a problem that you are putting the DirecTV feed via your home theater unit. I found this a issue a while back with a TiVo box. My solution was to get an active HDMI splitter and putting a feed to the back of the home theater unit and the other
    to the xbox. The other thing you could try is change the sound output setting on the xbox.
  8. seicam Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

Can you explain this a bit more? I have a slightly different setup and trying to get it to work.

I have the following:

- Comcast Settop box

- Xbox one

- Yamaha receiver

- LG TV

I have connected:

Settop to Xbox, through HDMI

Xbox to Yamaha, through HDMI

LG TV was already connected to Yamaha, and I have been switching everything thorough Yamaha already.

Everything works fine except one thing - audio for Live TV. I have audio for games, video, etc, everything that comes from Xbox directly. Live TV video works, but no audio. I have gone through the Live TV setup and Xbox correctly controls the settop box
    (channels up/down).

Previously the settop box was connected directly to Yamaha, through the same HDMI, and everything worked.

Any ideas?
  9. Wikkid666 Win User

HDMI and Sound?

So what's your setup? Are you using the HDMI for video and audio? If so, yes it will work fine.
  10. Nathan Abshire Win User

TV Incompatibility Issue - Incorrect Aspect Ratio (IMG)

Oh, and no, the sound setup goes like this

Xbox --> TV --> Sound system

But for my new setup, it will be this:

TV (video) <-- Xbox --> Sound system (audio)
Thema:

1. No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine - Similar Threads - audio Kinect Setup

2. Xbox 360 Kinect Registers as Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Kinect Registers as Audio: Hi! Lately, I purchased a xbox 360 kinect and adapter for VR to do full body tracking. It had worked for a while, but only with one software, Driver4VR. While trying to use it even as a camera, it...
  3. Kinect mic with headset audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect mic with headset audio: Hi guys, Ive been trying to use my kinect's mic for party chat whilst using my headset (which is plugged in) for game audio. The bluetooth headset I have has a 3.5 mm mic but it doesn't work when...
  4. xbox one fat e no One S não faz streaming de audio dos times nos jogos com headset e kinect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one fat e no One S não faz streaming de audio dos times nos jogos com headset e kinect...: O problema: Estou tentando fazer streaming direto do xbox one para mixer/twitch estou utilizando tanto com kinect quanto headset do xbox que ja vem com ele (aquele que conecta no controle) Ao...
  5. Kinect loosing video and audio during Skype calls

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect loosing video and audio during Skype calls: For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to use my Kinect for Skype calls. The Kinect seems to turn on and off and reports that another program is using the device. I don't think I have...
  6. Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?: So, I set up my Xbox One X when it arrived on Tuesday with only one issue. The Kinect IR blaster will not control my Onkyo Audio Receiver. I'll describe my install and troubleshooting steps so...
  7. Add Audio from Headset or Kinect into Game DVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add Audio from Headset or Kinect into Game DVR: Hello everyone! I had just wanted to post this out here so the Xbox Team can take notes. We all have bad experiences with our Game DVR not taking any audio. In fact we have to use either Twitch...
  8. Remote code for Kinect to control audio reciever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote code for Kinect to control audio reciever: Hello, I just bought a new Xbox One S as an upgrade to an Xbox One. My original Xbox One was setup to control (on/off, volume, etc) an Anthem MRX1120 receiver through the Kinect. Since buying...
  9. Kinect - Audio Receiver Not Powering On / Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect - Audio Receiver Not Powering On / Off: Ever since the latest update, my kinect refuses to power on or off my audio receiver. i can still control the volume it just will not power the device on or off. ive tried everything i can think...
  10. XBOX One Audio Stutter & Kinect Recognition

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Audio Stutter & Kinect Recognition: First off, since owning the system Day One the Kinect has basically worked flawlessly for me. I'm only about 2 feet away from it when gaming. 9 times out of 10 it would understand me, that is...