No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips

Discus and support No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When i record a clip through xbox game bar i cant hear my voice from mic, but I can hear my friends from discord and game sounds and other stuff. In... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wrbiccz, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Wrbiccz
    Wrbiccz Guest

When i record a clip through xbox game bar i cant hear my voice from mic, but I can hear my friends from discord and game sounds and other stuff. In the past sometimes I could hear myself and sometimes not, but now all my clips are without my voice. I chose the option to record everything(games, apps, system). When I choose the "game" option I can hear my voice. I went through every single privacy setting and found no solution.

:)

Wrbiccz, Jul 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Wrbiccz

May I know if you already have set your default microphone as input device?

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice

Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat

Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page

Select Settings > Audio

Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

Share extra feedback if necessary, I'll be waiting for your reply

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  4. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
  5. Jesse E' Win User

No audio in the capture from Xbox game bar(windows PC)

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There isn't a way to recover audio on an already recorded clip. But you can make sure the Microphone is enabled for your next recording.

- Go to Settings (press Windows + I key together) > Privacy.

- On the left hand pane scroll down and look for Microphone.

- Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone to ON.

- Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to ON.

- Restart the game bar.

Hope this helps.
  6. Fathia Abukar Win User

How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking my gaming!

Hello TaraTrimmer,

This is a common problem that many Xbox game bar users face when they want to chat with their friends using a microphone. The pinned dialogue box can be very annoying and obstruct your view of the game. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this issue. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Open the Xbox game bar by pressing Windows + G keys on your keyboard.

2. Click on the Settings icon (the gear) on the top right corner of the game bar.

3. Select Audio from the left sidebar menu.

4. Under Microphone, find the option that says "Show microphone in overlay when broadcasting or capturing".

5. Uncheck this option and click on Apply.

6. Close the Settings window and the dialogue box should disappear from your screen.

Now you can enjoy your game without any distractions and still chat with your friends using your microphone. Hope this helps!

Fathia A
Thema:

1. No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips - Similar Threads - audio microphone box

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Fuzzy Party and UI Audio Glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fuzzy Party and UI Audio Glitch: I’ve had my Xbox Series X for about 3 years now and in mid 2023 until now, me and many others I know have had a glitch where the Audio for the UI, Parties, and media Apps such as YouTube or...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  6. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  7. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  8. Microphone Audio not Streaming

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone Audio not Streaming: I am trying to stream using my Xbox One, but my voice is not being streamed. I tested with different mics, reinstalled twitch app, contacted twitch support and they told me to search for help...
  9. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  10. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...