No audio coming through external speaker

Discus and support No audio coming through external speaker in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a third party speaker connected to my controller by an aux cable. The controller is plugged into the USB port on the side of the console. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aria Pond, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Aria Pond
    Aria Pond Guest

I have a third party speaker connected to my controller by an aux cable. The controller is plugged into the USB port on the side of the console. The speaker and the xbox are both connected to the mains. And the monitor connected to the xbox does not have speakers.

There is no audio coming through the speaker and I'm not sure how to configure my settings to fix this issue.

Can anybody help?

:)

Aria Pond, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Aria P! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm very sorry that you are going through this problem, I am going to tell you some steps that you can try and let me know if I solve your problem.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output. Select the Audio Settings option under Advanced. Highlight the audio setup option you want to use, and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Audio thru a speaker

To clarify:

You have a new laptop with built-in speakers

You have a set of external speakers which are plugged into the laptop

The audio won't play through the external speakers and is only being played through the laptop speakers

Correct?
  4. Georges C. Win User

No audio through external speakers

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Deski21, try to check if there are any updates for Fire TV, or any settings that may have changed when you removed the speakers, it doesn't seem to be something on the console.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Anytime. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.
  6. Deski21 Win User

I don't believe it's the input, because apps like Prime and Netflix work perfectly fine through the speakers. I'll have to do more digging with Amazon. I appreciate the suggestions you folks have given me.
Thema:

1. No audio coming through external speaker - Similar Threads - audio coming through

2. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  3. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  4. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  5. Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset: I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio coming out of my wired headset. The controller...
  6. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  7. No audio coming out of tv speakers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio coming out of tv speakers.: I have this problem, where there is no sound coming from my tv speakers when connected to my xbox series s. The issue started when I was remote playing with pc headphones connected through usb...
  8. How do I get audio come through my monitor on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio come through my monitor on Xbox Series X?: So, I bought a new gaming monitor and right off the bat the audio doesn't work through speakers. It works on headphones no problem but the moment I unplug them, all the volume disappears. Any ways...
  9. Why won’t the audio come through my headset even when it detects the headset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the audio come through my headset even when it detects the headset?: I have tried to fix this problem but nothing I do is fixing it and I do have the audio for my headset turned on but it plays it through my tv instead even though I have the setting to mute when a...
  10. Skype, a way to make audio come through head phones instead of tv speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype, a way to make audio come through head phones instead of tv speakers: I'm using the skype app on xbox one. Is there a way to make it to where the audio comes out of the headphone on the included head set instead of the tv speakers? Yeah its nice to have the audo...