Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves

Discus and support Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I had bought a 2nd Xbox-360 which I wanted to use as a backup. I configured a USB on my 1st Xbox, put as much as I could fit on it, put it in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chrgrzrcool, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Chrgrzrcool
    Chrgrzrcool Guest

Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves

Hi

I had bought a 2nd Xbox-360 which I wanted to use as a backup. I configured a USB on my 1st Xbox, put as much as I could fit on it, put it in the 2nd Xbox, and it couldn't read what was on there for some reason, only giving the option to configure it again. So I decided to try configuring it again but in the 2nd Xbox, and copying everything again from the 1st Xbox. then I realized, it doesn't copy the files, it moves them, and I had just deleted my profile and a bunch of my saves.

How can I possibly recover my stuff? I read that PCs can't read Xbox drives without special software. How do I even connect it? I removed it for the 1st time ever and saw that it doesn't have a sata connection or anything like PC drives. It's the 1st shape 360 with the weird hard drive on the side (or top if you have the console standing up).

alternatively maybe I can recover off the USB? I cancelled the format as soon as i started it and realized I should probably check that the stuff was copied and not moved... still though, theres that problem of PCs not being able to read Xbox language.

Since I don't really own much other than my Xbox and it's important to me, and I really don't know what I'm doing (evidently), help would be very, very appreciated.

:)

Chrgrzrcool, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

there is no way to recover the lost data, it is formatted for xbox usage and only certain pc programs could read that, there is no program that can recover that specific data.
  3. Chrgrzrcool Win User

So it's impossible to use one of such programs in conjunction with a recovery tool?
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

yep, sorry but it is lost.
  5. medium bloke Win User

USB empty

If you moved everything to the USB before you formatted the HDD, then it should all still be on the USB. The USB had to be formatted to store Xbox 360 content before it could be used. If there's nothing on the USB if you moved everything to it before you
    formatted the HDD, then you may have accidentally formatted the USB by mistake.
  6. HE6LLSP6AWN6 Win User

Can't play games or use services like Netflix

try saving all data you have on a usb drive and format/restore xbox to factory setting. reconnect profile and follow instructions on xbox, then reload all saved data back to 360. That may help you. this is a last ditch effort so make sure all data saved
    on usb is not corrupt before formatting or its gone forever.
Thema:

1. Nightmare scenario - accidentally formatted a USB with my Xbox-360 profile and saves - Similar Threads - Nightmare scenario accidentally

2. Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up: Nightmare family pack not showing up after I redeemed code. 92cdab1f-4f92-4781-9a65-d986352b7c4f
  3. Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack: Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack code has been redeemed but there’s none of the content on my game. After attempting to try the code again, the response I get is that the code...
  4. Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...: Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not showing up on xbox series x console 1963545a-d12a-4715-a864-ca57e8d12bf8
  5. Xbox controller copilot stuck nightmare

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller copilot stuck nightmare: My 2 controllers won't UN copilot it's infuriating. Can even play a beat em up with my son £60 & massive disappointment I feel murderous towards Microsoft for the huge insult. In 1980 it was vs ....
  6. Undead nightmare DLC, not working on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Undead nightmare DLC, not working on Xbox one: I am playing red dead redemption on my Xbox one using the original 360 disc I purchased the undead nightmare DLC expansion digitally, but when I go to play red dead redemption, it doesn’t even...
  7. I need help fixing my consoles internet nightmare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help fixing my consoles internet nightmare?: So for some reason my console hates everything. On a wored connection it sparatically mid game will crash the internet on my console but if i go wireless is constantly ping spikes over and over. I...
  8. Why doesn’t the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare add on work on Xbox Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare add on work on Xbox Series S?: I have Red Dead Redemption on my xbox series s which I bought a couple month back. Today I saw the undead nightmare add on was on sale so I bought it. The problem is once it was done downloading,...
  9. Home Xbox Scenario

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox Scenario: I am trying to understand how to home Xbox setting actually works. Here's the scenario: As an adult and the family organizer, I have the Xbox live subscription. There are two minors within this...
  10. How to remove the password of encrypted PST files in case of lost PST password scenario?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove the password of encrypted PST files in case of lost PST password scenario?: I have recently fixed this issue by using an advanced utility that facilitates me to remove and change the PST files password. This problem arises when my excel sheet in which I saved the...