Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

Discus and support Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JeffOlink, Jan 12, 2024.

1. JeffOlink
    JeffOlink Guest

Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas.

:)

JeffOlink, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. CactusLW Win User

Xbox Series S + controllers WRONG warranty time

How much shorter are we talking here? The Consoles and controllers come with a 1 year warranty, although the controller and console may show a slightly different warranty time (my controller is 2 weeks less than the console..however they are 6 and 8 weeks respectively longer than the 12 months)
    yes yes, I know that the manufacturer's warranty for accessories is 1 year and for consoles 2 years

However, the manufacturer's warranty in the system is approximately 4 months shorter than on the proof of purchase
  4. Killianz Win User

Problem with left stick

chat says xbox one controller warranty is 90 days from purchase. of course mine is out of warranty, barely used and less than year.
  5. AirNebula732 Win User

Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

Hey there

Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. The warranty for Design Lab controllers is 120 days (6 months).
    for any troubleshooting you need for your controller. If you do need servicing for your controller, you can set it up here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-design-lab-and-controller-help

If you want to know why the warranty is shorter I'm sure you can find that information there

Thanks for coming to the xbox forums
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

Hi G4rthy,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this question. Regard the warranty period for our standard accessories (controllers, headsets, etc.), they are covered with a 90 day manufacturers warranty. As you know, the Design Lab controller is 120
    days (6 months) and for our consoles and Elite controllers the time frame would be one year from the date of purchase of the item.

Microsoft Services Agreement

Microsoft Device Service Terms and Conditions

Xbox Warranty and Service

I hope that this information helps out.
Thema:

1. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty - Similar Threads - Newly purchased controller

2. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  3. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  4. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  5. Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired: Hi, I bought a XBox controller from Flipkart which is an authorized reseller in India. However, while registering my device in my Microsoft account, I see the warranty already expired. When I...
  6. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  8. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...
  9. A newly purchased game keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A newly purchased game keeps crashing: I bought a game of the Microsoft store 2 days ago - rise of nations extended edition. I played it once and I went to try to play again today and the game will turn on and open for about a second...
  10. Cannot Install Newly Purchased Game on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install Newly Purchased Game on PC: Hello, I recently purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Windows 10/11 for a discounted price on the webstore at this link:...