Newish Xbox controller not working

Discus and support Newish Xbox controller not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Controller less than a month old. It worked the night before without issue, but the next morning it worked to power on the console, but the buttons... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Greydog82, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Greydog82
    Greydog82 Guest

Controller less than a month old. It worked the night before without issue, but the next morning it worked to power on the console, but the buttons wouldn't work to log into my profile. Possible fixes or do I just suck it up and drop another $80 on a new one?

:)

Greydog82, Jul 15, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information and I apologize for the trouble. The issue can be with the console, the controller, or the connection between them.

I would like to clarify, is this happening with multiple controllers or just this one?

Also, please perform the steps below accordingly if in case the issue is the connection between them:

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console​​"
  3. Rocky72 Win User

Anyone else have this issue?

once in a while my newish controller will do it - not jump on the spot though - mine will start walking backwards constantly even switching them. But will stop if I turn it off then reconnect it.
  4. B1ueLightning07 Win User

Does GOTY morrowind work on the 360?

You can only get the 2 expansions that come with the GoTY version. Everything else, is PC only nowadays.

Personally I'd play it on PC as it plays good on any newish PC without any issues and has better controls, tons more content and better visuals.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Ubisoft trying "always online"?

I've watched some newish videos on Youtube probably will get the game tomorrow even though retailers are selling it at the full RRPNZ$118. I just want to try it out the graphics look good I watched one newish video on Youtube with xbox 1 gameplay of it raining
    at night the textures look really good better than Xbox 360 grand theft auto V. The Xbox 1 version will probably look better than the 360 version due to better processing power.
  6. KRISSTASTROPHE Win User

MW3 players wanted

I'm new to the game, newish to Live, but I would really like to play.

Will send FR soon :)
Thema:

1. Newish Xbox controller not working - Similar Threads - Newish controller working

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...: It's starts and stops when I try to run forward in games. I've tried looking it up but to no avail. Please help? e205370e-eac4-48ce-b0be-98046d8c206b
  9. Newish to Xbox, looking for people to play Destiny with.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newish to Xbox, looking for people to play Destiny with.: The subject really says it all. I'm just starting to get bored or grinding rep and farming alone. I'm on all sorts of times and I go back and fourth from the east coast to west coast a lot so...
  10. Region issue - newish account - in Australia/set to Australia - always forces marketplace ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region issue - newish account - in Australia/set to Australia - always forces marketplace ...: Ok - so I see on the forums that this is an issue for the years, but all attempts using the helps have failed to fix it: Scenario: outlook.com account linked to Xbox account, all region set to...