Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...

Discus and support Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series x. I tried resetting it, even a factory reset and no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IAAHR, Sep 10, 2023.

1. IAAHR
    IAAHR Guest

Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...

Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series x. I tried resetting it, even a factory reset and no joy. I purchased the new release series s for starfield and I’m still having the same issues. Please help!

:)

IAAHR, Sep 10, 2023
  2. IAAHR Win User

Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series X and s

1. May we know if you are playing cloud game or installed games on Xbox console? - installed games
    2. Since you mention two consoles in your description, may we know if there is still available storage left for the console to process and run the games?- Both consoles have more than 50% capacity remaining
    3. May we ask if both consoles are updated? - both consoles are updated
    4. Do you notice error message or code when the game crash? - no error message, the game just closes and returns to the Home Screen. This is more of an issue on the series X (games last longer on the newest console)
    5. Are the apps crashes too like the game? - unknown, apps not used. Older games do not crash
    6. When will the crash happen? During or at first launch or after an hour of gaming? - it happens within 20 mins (with 20 mins being the longest battlefield has lasted at all on the series X)
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series X and s

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello IAAHR,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to play new games into your Xbox Series X|S and these games crashes. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you have tried troubleshooting and issue still persist. One of the causes of crash or closing of the game is cause by lack of space. Could it be consuming the 80% - 99% of the local storage will not help the console process the game. Other cause could be update is not installed, restart or power cycle of console is not perform or else this could be an issue with the device itself.

To ensure we fully understand your concern, we would like to ask for few things:

1. May we know if you are playing cloud game or installed games on Xbox console?
    2. Since you mention two consoles in your description, may we know if there is still available storage left for the console to process and run the games?
    3. May we ask if both consoles are updated?
    4. Do you notice error message or code when the game crash?
    5. Are the apps crashes too like the game?
    6. When will the crash happen? During or at first launch or after an hour of gaming?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Step 1: Please check the following links and see if the game has been part of known issues:

Step 2: Restart the game

Sometimes a game freeze or startup problem can be caused by a temporary issue that can be corrected simply by exiting and restarting the game. If the game is running, try exiting to the Home screen. Here’s how:

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Note Some game freezes can keep you from exiting the game. If you can’t return to the Home screen, skip to Step 3: Power cycle your console.
    • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Quit.
    • Try to restart the game. If this step didn’t work, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Power cycle your console

Try power cycling your Xbox. A full power cycle completely reboots your console. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data.

• Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn it on.
    • After you have completed the previous steps to power cycle your console, try to restart your game. If this step didn’t work, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Test your network connection

A network connection issue can sometimes affect gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Note Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.

On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Note If you're prompted to update your console software, select Yes.

Step 5: Try using a different profile

Sometimes gameplay can be affected by corrupted profile data on your Xbox console. To see if this is the case, try playing the same game using a different profile on your console.

2. Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.
    3. Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.
    If you don’t have a different profile set up on your Xbox, you can create a new profile just for testing purposes, or have a friend load their profile onto your console to test the game for you. For help adding another profile to your Xbox console, see: Sign in to Xbox

• Now restart the game to see if it works correctly under a different profile.
    If you can play the game with a different profile, go to Step 6: Remove and re-add your profile.

If you can't play the game using another profile, go to either of the following pages:

Step 6: Remove and re-add your profile

If the profile on your Xbox console is causing the gameplay issue, the profile data for the game might be corrupted. You can fix this by removing this profile from the console and then downloading it again. To remove your profile:

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.
    Now download your profile again to create a fresh version of your profile data:

2. Select Profile & system, select Add or switch, and then select Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account you just removed).
    Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless that’s what you want to do. If you select Get a new account, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.

Follow the prompts as the console walks you through account setup steps such as privacy info, sign-in, and color preferences until you return to the Home screen.

Once you have completed the process of re-creating your profile on the Xbox console and have returned to the Home screen, try to play your game again.

If this step didn’t fix the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 7: Clear the local save and resync with the cloud

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
    3. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.
    After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller.
    2. Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.
    After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try playing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

If none of these steps resolved the issue, the problem is most likely with the game itself. If that’s the case, you can continue troubleshooting by going to one of the following pages:

Source: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Maldito Tito Win User

XBOX SERIES X BATTLEFIELD 2042 crashing

Title: Battlefield 2042 Crashing and Restarting Xbox Series X

Date: Sept 02, 2022
  6. Francia J. Win User

EA Play games not free/costing

You're welcome and to access the trial simply follow the steps below:

On your console, open the Store app and search for Battlefield 2042

Select Battlefield 2042 Xbox One - Choose edition

Select Battlefield 2042 Xbox One - this should be the first option with no price available

Select Free Trial with EA Play and then select Install all
Thema:

1. Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox... - Similar Threads - Newer games Starfield

2. Xbox one x stuck with newer de flight OS, solution?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x stuck with newer de flight OS, solution?: Hi, My Xbox one X no longer wants to boot to mainscreen... Stuck on 26016.1002.amd64fre.rs_cbox_dev_flight.231211.2030, which is OS 10.0.26016.1002 Official one released now is...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. Can I get original xbox games to work on newer consoles such as "Toejam & Earl", Burnout 3...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get original xbox games to work on newer consoles such as "Toejam & Earl", Burnout 3...: I'd like to play some original games that I had alot of fun playing and now I'd like to play them with my daughter but can't get them to work. Couple that I really want to play are Toejam and...
  5. How to join xbox 360 private chat from newer xbox or pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to join xbox 360 private chat from newer xbox or pc?: I recently started using my xbox 360 S again and because I do not have xbox live gold, I cannot join parties, so how do newer consoles or PC players join my private chat or how do i join their...
  6. When will another batch of older games become compatible for new and or newer Xbox systems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will another batch of older games become compatible for new and or newer Xbox systems?: I was wondering when more older xbox games would become compatible with newer Xbox systems. If they are currently compiling a list to add put jet set radio future/ Sega gt 2006 on there. My...
  7. Is there a way to transfer a save file from X360 but of an original xbox game to the newer...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to transfer a save file from X360 but of an original xbox game to the newer...: I have a 360 with save files for an original xbox game (Ninja Gaiden Black, which I'd like to play on the series x). When I access the save files, I am not given any options to copy or move the...
  8. Incorrect Function error when trying to launch certain newer Game Pass PC games

in XBoX on Windows
    Incorrect Function error when trying to launch certain newer Game Pass PC games: Hello Tried to launch Wreckfest and Ghost of a Tale on PC Game Pass, and it comes up with an error box saying Incorrect Function. Have tried the powershell commands I saw recommended,...
  9. Selecting wrong saved cloud game (using newer version instead of older)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Selecting wrong saved cloud game (using newer version instead of older): So I accidentally clicked on a newer version of my COD account instead of my older version on the cloud. Is there any way to revert this so I can have my old original account back? Thanks for any...
  10. recovering a newer game save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    recovering a newer game save: hi. i am having a "problem" with wwe 2k18 (xbox one, deluxe edition). happened a few days ago. started up wwe 2k18 and noticed a big thing of text. i believe it started out saying mycareer or my...