Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation?

Discus and support Newer 4K disc compatibility issues - Skip Ahead problem or ODD limitation? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Per the title. Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GamerJD75, Jun 13, 2023.

1. /u/GamerJD75
    /u/GamerJD75 Guest

Per the title.

Recently the family & I have been watching more movies due to the summer break from school. Every Blu-ray we've played has worked fine. However, it seems that 4K movies are starting to be hit or miss, with the latest releases being unable to even start.

We've watched all of F&F 1-8 without issue, but F&F 9 wouldn't recognize.

John Wick 1-3 played without issue, but JW4 wouldn't start.

The new Dungeons & Dragons movie, along with the Highlander 30th Anniversary edition, weren't recognized by the XBSX.

Could this be a bug with the Blu-ray player app related to being in the Beta Skip ahead?

Or is there a limitation with the ODD installed in the XBSX (launch model) that is causing it to have incompatibilities with newer 3 layer 4K movie discs?

I've already filed a problem report via the console regarding one of the discs that didn't start.

EDIT: I've also cleared persistent storage for Blu-ray, rebooted, & cleared cache on the XBOX. No dice from any of those.

submitted by /u/GamerJD75
    [link] [comments]

/u/GamerJD75, Jun 13, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: