Newbie connecting Xbox 360 to TV screen is Black & White

Discus and support Newbie connecting Xbox 360 to TV screen is Black & White in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My kids have been given an Xbox 360 and didn't come with a cable that would fit my TV. So I bought one of these cables... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by masplin, May 9, 2015.

1. masplin
    masplin Guest

My kids have been given an Xbox 360 and didn't come with a cable that would fit my TV. So I bought one of these cables

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-360-COMPONENT-HD-AV-HIGH-DEFINITION-HDTV-CABLE-CONNECTOR-AUDIO-VIDEO-LEADER-/261710759051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cef2d448b
    as my TV has component connections Y,Pb & Pr.

I assumed because this was component I just connect the right colours i.e. your yellow to Y, blue to Pb and Red to Pr. No idea where the green goes!!! I have sound but a black and white picture. I may have bought the wrong cable. However I just get
    B&W and have tried all combinations of cables. Have I just bought the wrong cable, doing something wrong with the connections or maybe some fundamental incompatibility between xbox 360 and my TV?

Thanks for any advice

Mike

:)

masplin, May 9, 2015
  2. My screen is in black and white.

I haven't used my xbox 360 in a while....I turn it on...and when it boots up,the screen is black and white! I can STILL do everything-only in black and white. The settings on the tv have the color on. Help!

OneCatSixClaws, May 9, 2015
  3. FlightsZ
    FlightsZ Guest
    Does the Xbox 360 support 1080p or not?

Does the Classic White Xbox 360 Support 1080p HDMI Or Is it just the Xbox 360 (Slim) Because my tv is 60Hz but the xbox says this is displaying in 50Hz and i

get a black screen if i try to press 1080p only 1080i,720p,480p works on my Xbox 360. HELP

FlightsZ, May 9, 2015
  4. Iceweb
    Iceweb Guest

Sounds like you have mixed the connections up. What TV do you have?

Iceweb, May 9, 2015
  5. masplin
    masplin Guest
    It a fairly old Panasonic. Reading a bit more it seems that Y=green Pb=blue and Pr=red and yellow isn't used. However i tried this and tried the old power off, hold button down for 10sec, restart holding Y and rt trigger on controller and just have a blank
    screen, but sound.

masplin, May 9, 2015
  6. Iceweb
    Iceweb Guest
    Sound will be coming from the red/white pair. The other lot is for video, with yellow being composite. Do you have a yellow RCA socket on your TV?

Iceweb, May 9, 2015
  7. masplin
    masplin Guest
    Sound is good. The TV has 3 scart sockets and the YPbPr sockets for composite. I'm a little confused about 4 video cables but only 3 sockets to put them in!!! I only get any kind of picture (B&W) when the yellow cable is attached.

masplin, May 9, 2015
  8. Iceweb
    Iceweb Guest

Connect either the three component cables (to green, red and blue) OR the yellow composite cable but not both.

Iceweb, May 9, 2015
  9. masplin
    masplin Guest
    right I don't have the yellow connected and have no picture at all. Sounds like I have it connected correctly so might be a problem elsewhere

Is there any point me trying a scart connection using this cable

www.ebay.co.uk/.../251941333641

masplin, Oct 31, 2018
  10. masplin Win User

right I don't have the yellow connected and have no picture at all. Sounds like I have it connected correctly so might be a problem elsewhere

Is there any point me trying a scart connection using this cable

www.ebay.co.uk/.../251941333641
  11. masplin Win User

Sound is good. The TV has 3 scart sockets and the YPbPr sockets for composite. I'm a little confused about 4 video cables but only 3 sockets to put them in!!! I only get any kind of picture (B&W) when the yellow cable is attached.
  12. Iceweb Win User

Sounds like you have mixed the connections up. What TV do you have?
  13. Iceweb Win User

Connect either the three component cables (to green, red and blue) OR the yellow composite cable but not both.
  14. Iceweb Win User

Sound will be coming from the red/white pair. The other lot is for video, with yellow being composite. Do you have a yellow RCA socket on your TV?
Thema:

1. Newbie connecting Xbox 360 to TV screen is Black & White - Similar Threads - Newbie connecting 360

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. xbox connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox connection: hi my xbox is saying its connected to wifi but its not showing in my apps that i am. ive put a wired connection and its saying i cant sign in to my account. im baffled on whats wrong with it as it...
  4. How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok: I would love to know how to put my gaming on tik Tok live 64269345-e9a3-44b2-9b3a-6cc7e22e1ecf
  5. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  6. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  7. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  9. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  10. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...