New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test

Discus and support New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought new xbox 360 and refurb Kinect from amazon.. Setup yesterday. got as far as entering setup dvd and doing a little test dance and game play.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JethroNull, Oct 3, 2016.

1. JethroNull
    JethroNull Guest

Bought new xbox 360 and refurb Kinect from amazon.. Setup yesterday. got as far as entering setup dvd and doing a little test dance and game play. Fine. It is now on a screen "Speech Recognition & Chat" Background noise. Frozen there. Should be able to
    press select A button. Nothing. Changed batteries in remote, unplugged and replugged xbox and Kintect. Goes to same screen and won't move. Is there master reset or something else to try?? Help!!

:)

JethroNull, Oct 3, 2016
  2. Cannot leave live TV once in live TV

Re-run Kinect setup. The trick that I noticed was test it loud! Very loud! Keep everything else very quiet, extremely quiet, not a single noise in the background (no dishwashers, screaming kids, say anything, etc.). If you get the error: TV is too loud,
    you are on the right track. Give that a go, and post your results.

-Cheers

Iautorenewedu, Oct 3, 2016
  3. On screen controls keep popping up.

A thing I noticed: When setting up Kinect, test loudly... very loud (if too loud the Xbox will give you an on-screen message) with no background noise at all.

Iautorenewedu, Oct 3, 2016
  4. JethroNull
    JethroNull Guest

Never mind. Seems to be pilot error.

JethroNull, Oct 3, 2016
  5. I'm so glad you figured it out. Happy Gaming!

Darkhawk Ninja, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

I'm so glad you figured it out. Happy Gaming!
  7. JethroNull Win User

Never mind. Seems to be pilot error.
  8. Iautorenewedu Win User

On screen controls keep popping up.

A thing I noticed: When setting up Kinect, test loudly... very loud (if too loud the Xbox will give you an on-screen message) with no background noise at all.
  9. Iautorenewedu Win User

Cannot leave live TV once in live TV

Re-run Kinect setup. The trick that I noticed was test it loud! Very loud! Keep everything else very quiet, extremely quiet, not a single noise in the background (no dishwashers, screaming kids, say anything, etc.). If you get the error: TV is too loud,
    you are on the right track. Give that a go, and post your results.

-Cheers
  10. newarknj360 Win User

Day one update - Add the blueray option

kinect one doesn't pick up background noises
Thema:

1. New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test - Similar Threads - xbox360 refurb Kinect

2. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  3. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  4. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  5. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  6. Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed: So i was trying to get my old save files from my xbox 360 on the cloud to play them on my Xbox One since some of the games are retro compatible but even by having all the requirements and seeing...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  9. XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list: I bought a bunch of songs and packs via the official XBOX market place for an Xbox360 recently for Rocksmith 2014. They downloaded fine & are showing up under the device storage but the songs are...
  10. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9