New Xbox One X will not connect to network after first setup -

Discus and support New Xbox One X will not connect to network after first setup - in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have a bit of a problem. Bought a new Xbox X. Started it. Connected to home wifi. RT-AC68U wifi router. Latest firmware on router. Static ip. So the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Knut Ei, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Knut Ei
    Knut Ei Guest

Have a bit of a problem.

Bought a new Xbox X. Started it. Connected to home wifi. RT-AC68U wifi router. Latest firmware on router. Static ip.

So the XbX was set up with my login. Powered it down.

Next startup. Will not connect. Not to any wifi networks. Also tried shared internet from phone. Just would not connect. Unplugged everything, including router and tried again after 10 minutes. No joy.

What is going on? Tried many many times....

Please someone advice. PS: Not a nerd. Do not understand what NAT and all that is...

Knut

:)

Knut Ei, Dec 22, 2019
  2. NaZoooom Win User

3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

If you can, connect console to network hardware with wired ethernet and factory reset the console again as suggested above. You may have corruption of the OS update that is initially on first setup due to WiFi signal interference.

Wired ethernet is the recommended setup from network hardware to console.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Knut Ei,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting to your network with your new Xbox One X. You may want to try performing a

factory reset
    , this can correct any software issues preventing the Xbox from connecting to your networks.

I hope this helps.
  5. XCEPlays Win User

Hello Knut Ei,

Please may I ask, are you trying to connect to the internet over WiFi or Ethernet?

Also, NAT Types: Open, Moderate, Strict. You want to be on Open or Moderate but should still be able to connect to any network even if you're getting a strict NAT Type.

A strict NAT Type will just affect your performance within Multiplayer Gameplay.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,

DMascus | Xbox Ambassador
  6. Knut Ei Win User

Thanks. Did the reset

same result. Set it up and logged in. After powerdown and up again, same story....
Thema:

1. New Xbox One X will not connect to network after first setup - - Similar Threads - connect network setup

2. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  3. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  6. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  7. My xbox wont let me connect to network and keeps signing me out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont let me connect to network and keeps signing me out: My xbox is not connecting to the xbox network and keeps signing me out. I start up my xbox, log in to any of my 3 accounts, then it says connect to the xbox network - i do, then it continues to...
  8. How to connect to xbox network without disconnecting at the same time everyday?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect to xbox network without disconnecting at the same time everyday?: My xbox one s disconnects from the xbox network from 8pm-8am everyday.i have tried everything in the xbox network settings and just can not find a way to fix this issue...
  9. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  10. Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...