New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ...

Discus and support New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I see a few threads that when attaching the controller via USB windows should install the drivers automatically. This hasn't happened for me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PushyMovie45122, Nov 19, 2015.

1. New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ...

Hi,

I see a few threads that when attaching the controller via USB windows should install the drivers automatically. This hasn't happened for me neither has trying to update the driver from device manager. In fact, Windows does see the controller, but a generic
    controller, not an Xbox one in device manager and there is a cone type icon on it stating that no driver is installed.

I downloaded the two intel driver packages (one being DFU) from this site, extracted the contents and had device manager point to the packages to force the install of the driver. The result is that when you go to properties on the controller there is a
    message stating that the controller is disabled from starting because there is a known issue with the device. I get the same message with both drivers.

Last, I tried to run windows update in the off chance that windows would find an update, but I can't run updates for windows 8.1...The only update available is Windows 10 and I'm not ready to move to windows 10 yet.

Any ideas what I can do next? Try to find drivers from outside MS and what kind of message is it that Microsoft intentionally disabled the device because of known issues with it?

I'll try to post the exact error message when I get home tonight.

:)

PushyMovie45122, Nov 19, 2015
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Noob question for all Xbox elite controller owning people.

Actually you can manually download the drivers for windows 7 and 8/8.1.

bloosuga, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Xbox One controller disconnects after plugging in headphones to 3.5mm jack

Whenever I try plugging in any headphones to the 3.5mm jack on the bottom of the controller, it disconnects from the wireless adapter after ten to twenty seconds. It will not reconnect until I unplug the headphones and cycle the wireless adapter by unplugging
    it and plugging it back in. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the latest controller firmware. I am able to use headphones with the controller when it is plugged in via USB, but I find it really annoying that I can't use the headphone jack and the
    wireless adapter at the same time. Is there any way to fix this?

Xbox one controller model: 1697

Firmware version: 2.3.2385.0

Wireless adapter for windows model: 1713

Windows 10 home

SeanToomey_original, Nov 19, 2015
  4. New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ...

I just wanted to add the obvious that this is a new controller bought from the big box store and I do get power to the controller.

PushyMovie45122, Nov 19, 2015
  5. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log usually has diagnostic information on what went wrong during the installation of the device.

cy43rguru, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Hi Cy,

I got it to work!! I looked at the error message again as found in the main panel when clicking on properties for the controller and the error stated that the software was blocked from starting due to know issues. I read it over again and decided to go
    to services and found 3 device services were set to start on trigger, they weren't running. So, these are the steps I took to get the controller working:

1. I uninstalled the device from device manager and the driver from programs, all found in the control panel

2. I plugged the controller back in, let windows recreate the controller.

3. Go to System and Security, then Administration tools

4. Go to Services

5. Start 'Device association service', 'Device Install Service', 'Device Setup Manager'

6. Reinstall drivers

Done, you should now have an actual Xbox controller icon in your device manager and ability to right click on it to test the buttons and calibrate if needed.

This seems like a lot of steps, but really you can simply start the device services and update the driver with existing driver and it would probably work just as well.

Good luck everyone!

PushyMovie45122, Oct 31, 2018
  7. PushyMovie45122 Win User

New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows 8.1, cannot install

Hi Cy,

I got it to work!! I looked at the error message again as found in the main panel when clicking on properties for the controller and the error stated that the software was blocked from starting due to know issues. I read it over again and decided to go
    to services and found 3 device services were set to start on trigger, they weren't running. So, these are the steps I took to get the controller working:

1. I uninstalled the device from device manager and the driver from programs, all found in the control panel

2. I plugged the controller back in, let windows recreate the controller.

3. Go to System and Security, then Administration tools

4. Go to Services

5. Start 'Device association service', 'Device Install Service', 'Device Setup Manager'

6. Reinstall drivers

Done, you should now have an actual Xbox controller icon in your device manager and ability to right click on it to test the buttons and calibrate if needed.

This seems like a lot of steps, but really you can simply start the device services and update the driver with existing driver and it would probably work just as well.

Good luck everyone!
  8. cy43rguru Win User

New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows 8.1, cannot install

C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log usually has diagnostic information on what went wrong during the installation of the device.
  9. PushyMovie45122 Win User

I just wanted to add the obvious that this is a new controller bought from the big box store and I do get power to the controller.
  10. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless

Hi,

If you're using Bluetooth to play wireless with the controller then audio won't come through the 3.5mm headphone jack. Nothing wrong with your setup, it's a hardware limitation of the controller.

To use all the features of the controller while wireless requires the purchase of an Xbox One wireless adaptor for Windows.
  11. Anton Lyskavets Win User

Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

Good afternoon. My Windows 11 Pro has the latest updates, and the hardware of the laptop itself also has the latest driver updates. However, this problem has been present since the purchase of the headphones, about 3 months. I have the Xbox Accessories application and of course, I updated the headphones via cable and the software version is 0.0.9.50. I did what you advised again, but it didn’t work. I noticed that by Bluetooth the headphones are defined as “xbox wireless headset”, and by cable or wireless adapter Xbox is defined as “xbox controller”. I’ll also write, just in case, the driver version for the adapter is 1.0.46.1 from 07/11/2017 - is there really supposed to be such an old driver? And the driver version for headphones is 10.0.22621.1 from 05/06/2022 when the device is connected via USB it shows version 10.0.22621.1992 from 06.07.2023

I hope for further help, thank you.
Thema:

New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ...

1. New XBox One wireless controller (version with headphones jack) driver not found for Windows ... - Similar Threads - wireless controller version

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  4. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  7. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...