New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update"

Discus and support New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently received my Xbox One and I was really excited to play it. Once I plugged everything in, everything connected and it seemed good... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 24, 2015.

1. LBJ6TORRES9
    LBJ6TORRES9 Guest

Hello,

I have recently received my Xbox One and I was really excited to play it. Once I plugged everything in, everything connected and it seemed good to go! Unfortunately, the first update I encountered did complete. It kept telling me that there was a problem
    with the update and that I should visit Xbox.com to find support. I tried restarting my console, holding the xbox button for 8 seconds and then unplugging the console for 30 seconds before replugging, I have also checked my internet connection and it says everything
    is good. It seems like the update fails at about 70-89% every time. After searching for multiple results and speaking to Microsoft advisors, I was told to do a Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. But one of the step asks me to find the OS which requires
    me to go to the home screen and scroll which I am incapable of doing because I'm stuck on the "There was a problem with the update" screen and the only options allow me to Try update again. check internet or turn xbox off. Everytime I press the menu or xbox
    home button, nothing happens. I'm stuck with those options and I am getting nowhere with it!

:)

LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Xbox One: "There was a problem with the update"

A surge protector can be bought in any electrical store and even many supermarkets such as Asda, Walmart etc. See the link for an example:

discountstationerysupplies.co.uk/Extension-Lead-Power-Surge-Strip-with-Spike-Protection-4-Way-2-Metre-White.aspx

Also the problem will not be related to 'purchase and content usage'. If you lose power to your xbox whilst doing the update this could corrupt the update firmware and in some cases possibly even damage the hard drive. The diagnostic should help you find
    the root of the problem.

Andres360xbox, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Xbox One: "There was a problem with the update"

Also, make sure your Xbox is plugged into a surge protector, that will help if you have another power outage.

Eggnogga, Dec 24, 2015
  4. New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update"

there is an option on the offline tool that says if you cant find out which os you have, to use this file , the file version is "restore factory defaults"...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 24, 2015
  5. LBJ6TORRES9
    LBJ6TORRES9 Guest
    @Bimnog, Hello! Merry Christmas and thank you for the reply! I was just wondering if it requires me to go on the Xbox home screen to restore the factory defaults? Sorry, I'm really new to this set up!

LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 25, 2015
  6. No , the option I'm talking about in the offline tool is made for when you CANT get to the home scree or settings , just follow those instructions , it will boot up from the usb drive ...the part you will need to look at says ..

"If the console is experiencing an issue that would require you to Restore Factory Defaults after a system update, but you're unable to access the Settings hub, use this file.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: