New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

Discus and support New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Odessa Taylor, Feb 4, 2024.

1. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There is no problemwhen the external hard drive is not connected just as soon as I plug it in.The USB cord is fine and I’ve done a reset on my console already. Hasn't helped also I can't reset the hard drive because when I plug it in it turns the xbox off?...I've saw a few threads on this I was just hoping it was solved?

:)

Odessa Taylor, Feb 4, 2024
  2. KevinWiseman2016 Win User

Xbox One not detecting External Hard Drive

I am using a USB. It is an external hard drive that provides more storage for my Xbox One S. Now with the new update, I can't find it listed in my storage devices anymore. Is there a way to reverse the update?
  3. Germangamr91 Win User

Series S wont recognize installed games

I installed them on my old xbox one and transferred them to the external hard drive so I know they are on the hard drive

All my installed games appear correctly as installed on my Xbox one if I connect the hard drive to it. But when I connect the hard drive to my Series S, most of the installed games appear but about 9 of them do not. The missing games appear as ready to install on my Series S
  4. MrHiwaysThinkin Win User

External Hard Drive

I’m attempting to install my brand new 1tb external hard drive, and my Xbox One S is having no luck detecting it. So far, I have been through all the suggestions on the help site with no luck. Any suggestions?
    I would also suggest plugging it into a computer, this way you can see if the hard drive and USB cable are functioning correctly. I have a seagate 1TB external hard drive for my Xbox one X, sometimes it will not connect and a simple restart solves my issue,
    make sure you are hard resetting, going to the options and shutting the system down, then re-booting.
  5. X-DonkeyZ�� Win User

Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?

i’m having this exact same issue and i don’t have an external hard drive all my games are crashing and my xbox freezes on the menus and it’s the same xbox one s

i’m not sure what to do i’ve tried everything
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
Thema:

New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

1. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects - Similar Threads - update makes crash

2. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  3. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  4. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  5. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  6. Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update

in XBoX on Windows
    Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update: You should make an update where you have 3 Xbox modes Xbox one mode, Xbox 360 mode and Xbox original mode.It should be on the mode you are on is the games you can play. Example on Xbox one mode is...
  7. New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in: Xbox App for windows recently updated and now I cant hear or talk in a party. App had me update to version 2311.1001.7.0 and now i cannot hear my friends in a party or talk to them properly. I am...
  8. Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.: As any parent, at times I need to pause the internet to certain devices. While the wifi signal will remain connected, there will not be internet. If Xbox One is attempting an update at this time,...
  9. Latest update makes me want to throw xbox out my window

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update makes me want to throw xbox out my window: Since the latest update my external seagate harddrive doesnt read no matter what i do. i cant play any games on external or internal, it will not play them. I cant download any games at all....
  10. Does Xbox make updates slower?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox make updates slower?: So When im downloading a game my internet is usually at 180-200 mbps but when im updating a game its at 10-30 mbps. Is that normal? Like lets say you are downloading an extension to a game but its...