new xbox one s startup update issue

Discus and support new xbox one s startup update issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im experiencing the same issue other seem to - new xb1 s out of box won't complete initial startup - get to 67% then craps out. Have power cycled many... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StoutishYard729, Dec 21, 2016.

1. new xbox one s startup update issue

Im experiencing the same issue other seem to - new xb1 s out of box won't complete initial startup - get to 67% then craps out. Have power cycled many times, both xb1s and modem router.

Whats the solution other than taking to a mates house and connecting to his internet

:)

StoutishYard729, Dec 21, 2016
  2. Black Screen of Death

The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.

xStarscream73x, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Black Screen of Death

and it won't let me do an offline update anyway lol, happy days.

xStarscream73x, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there -

What exactly happens when you try to update your Xbox One console? Is your internet dropping? Is the console restarting? You can take a look at the guide we have for troubleshooting

Xbox One system updates
    and try all those suggestions there. However if none of those steps help and trying it at your mate's house doesn't work, I would suggest returning your console to your local retailer and exchanging it for a different unit.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Miss Bijoux, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there -

What exactly happens when you try to update your Xbox One console? Is your internet dropping? Is the console restarting? You can take a look at the guide we have for troubleshooting

Xbox One system updates
    and try all those suggestions there. However if none of those steps help and trying it at your mate's house doesn't work, I would suggest returning your console to your local retailer and exchanging it for a different unit.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  6. Carsonkrause Win User

Error Code

Checking in. Day 2 my brand new xbox one S still wont make it past step 3 of the startup. Once it tries to update i get the error code...
  7. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!
    The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
  8. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox 1s turning off after powering on and Freezing randomly

Hello Skronkles,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S randomly powering off and freezing. To troubleshoot this, please visit this article:

Troubleshoot Startup Xbox One

I hope this helps!
  9. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!

and it won't let me do an offline update anyway lol, happy days.
Thema:

1. new xbox one s startup update issue - Similar Threads - startup update issue

2. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  3. XBOX Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Startup Error: This has currently been happening since January. I gave up trying to fix it for a few weeks, and since yesterday I have tried everything I possibly can to get my Xbox back up and running again....
  4. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  5. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  6. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  7. Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error: So my Xbox 360 is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable. It has no issues signing into my profile and connecting to Xbox LIVE on the dashboard. About two days ago, when I start an Xbox...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. forza motorsport crashing at startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport crashing at startup.: whenever i launch forza motorsport, there is a screen of text. After that screen of text, the game crashes and just disappears. I have done all the guides everything. I have not overclocked...
  10. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...