new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.

Discus and support new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have had the new xbox one s console for 1 day and now it wont start. keeps shutting off during start. tried the power reset and it didnt work. any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beaulieu4, Dec 26, 2016.

1. beaulieu4
    beaulieu4 Guest

new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.

i have had the new xbox one s console for 1 day and now it wont start. keeps shutting off during start. tried the power reset and it didnt work. any other things to fix it?

:)

beaulieu4, Dec 26, 2016
  2. Bliktriks
    Bliktriks Guest
    Xbox one shut down mid-game

hi all,

my xbox one (original), shuts off mid game. Will not restart until power brick is reset. Have not had any heat/power issues before. Did it during Rocket Leauge and ROT tomb raider.

Thanks, B.

Bliktriks, Dec 26, 2016
  3. o cochise o
    o cochise o Guest
    Cannot play Killer Instinct Local Versus w/ Two Gamertags logged in

was having the exact same issue as all posted above, tried David A1969's suggestion and it worked.

Try:

Unplug portal of power for swapforce

Power Cycle the xbox one (hold power button till it shuts down completely, not in sleep mode)

On restart it should work.

thanks man!

o cochise o, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Christine Whitaker Win User

I bought my Xbox series s today, and my son was playing it, and it turned off and it is not turning back on. we have tried everything.

We are having the same issue with our Xbox one s Minecraft version. It will power on for a second or two, chimes and then shuts back off. We've tried unplugging it and starting up again. We've tried pushing the eject and pair buttons at the same time. Nothing is working!
  5. Got Cobol-64D25709-1 Win User

Console Shuts Itself Off

if its just a random shut off, I had to get a new console, new power brick did nothing.
  6. Devildog83gamer Win User

SOUND BEEP FROM THE CONSOLE EVEN IF ITS OFF, AND SOMETIMES CD TRAY OPENS

Hey

When I first bought my xbox360 slim in 2010 it did the same thing. I hooked it up and put in a game then all of a sudden it started to ding. Ding.ding.ding.ding eject and close with the ding. And shut off and on. I took it back and got a new one. Well four
    years later my new one that i got started to turn off and on with the ding sound. All on random. Is this a power issue?

I'm waiting for what Microsoft comes up with

Can I send it in for repair or cut my losses and buy a new one
  7. CarstenE Win User

Not able to choose "network settings" in xbox one

Hey Splatapotomus,

Have you tried the PowerCycle already? You PowerCycle your Console in the following way:

- Press and hold the white Xbox Button on the Console until it shuts off. Unplug the power brick from both sides for around 2 minutes. Replug and Restart your Console.

If you already did that and its still not working, are you seeing any other issue´s with the Console? Slow / laggy performance, random Error Codes or anything like this?

P.S.: In the future it might be better to make a new Thread instead of digging out a 1 Year old.

- lg 2Ba4You
  8. tlpilgrim15Pilgrim Win User

Error code 0x800488FC on Xbox One

go through the settings to power&start up too turn off or restart then click full shut down. while you do that log on your linked up email and reset the pass word. go ahead and restart your xbox and try to logon. As you may guess it say please log in.
    put your new pass word in and you should be good. FYI did this by accident..... but it worked so im playin now
Thema:

1. new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work. - Similar Threads - shuts off random

2. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  3. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  4. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  5. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  6. What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after: My Xbox shuts off randomly when I’m playing games and then will continue to do so after for a short period and it will randomly crash games if they are over 40Gb only some games won’t crash and...
  7. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....
  8. Original Xbox One Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Random Shut Off: For the past 2 months my Xbox can not be played for more than two hours without randomly shutting down completely. I have not got any warnings or notifications something is wrong but when I check...
  9. Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Shut Off: Bought the One X after having my original One for two plus years with no issues. The One X from about the second week I had it until now randomly shuts off.......really annoying!! Put a fan...
  10. Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min: Hi I've had my device since 20/12/2011 so roughly 5 years, i very sparingly use this device, recently when I turned it on it ran for 2 mins then shuts off, then i have to unplug everything and...