New Xbox Dashboard Update Removed Access to Clubs

Discus and support New Xbox Dashboard Update Removed Access to Clubs in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Besides the horrifying dystopian idea of constantly being bombarded front and center with advertisements for something I am already paying for, the new... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mr Spiiker, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Mr Spiiker
    Mr Spiiker Guest

Besides the horrifying dystopian idea of constantly being bombarded front and center with advertisements for something I am already paying for, the new update seems to have removed access to the Xbox Clubs entirely. It's no longer on the dashboard, it's no longer on the Xbox Guide, and the only way to access it at this point is by opening a club notification, or locating your "Clubs on Xbox" invites within the "Friends & Community Updates" section, then scrolling down and clicking on "See all", which just takes you to your own profile's "Following" section. This is ridiculous. Adding more barriers will dissuade a lot of casual gamers from even bothering trying to figure out where and how to check out the Club. This should be urgently addressed.

I manage quite a few clubs, with thousands of members. Is this an error? Is this a bug? Are there plans to fix this? Are Xbox Clubs being fazed out? (big mistake) Will we be able to see the Xbox Clubs on the dashboard again? Will we be able to access the Xbox Clubs form the Xbox Guide again? What's going on with the Xbox Clubs?

Xbox Clubs are a great feature, and the last major update removed the ability to easily invite new people to the Club. Now, you have to view their full profile, which adds an unnecessary barrier to a simple process. The Club descriptions were even effected, as they lowered the character count. The longer bios from before weren't changed, however, if I try to edit them, I cannot save without shortening the character count. They also took away the ability to upload videos edited from your PC, which disadvantaged professional content creators that edit their content with professional software. However, I understand that this could have led to people spreading inappropriate content.

Xbox Clubs allow some of the communities I manage to post content from our in-game events, vote for their favorites in various photo competitions, post event notifications, and much more. Instead of taking away more features, it would be nice to see Xbox add more Club features, such as: Polls, Emoji Reactions, multiple pins for different Club Channels, longer club descriptions, and more creative ideas that would give Xbox its sense of "community" back.

:)

Mr Spiiker, Aug 18, 2023
  2. GLaDOS62 Win User

"we will have to wait for a new update that I believe will occur soon."

Do you have a source for this information? Or is it just a wishful feeling?

It hasn't been changed since it rolled out to Insiders last September 2022, and over that period of time there was nothing other than ADS on the dashboard, loss of customisation and Clubs removed from Home.
    It's likely just wishful thinking.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

"we will have to wait for a new update that I believe will occur soon."

Do you have a source for this information? Or is it just a wishful feeling?

It hasn't been changed since it rolled out to Insiders last September 2022, and over that period of time there was nothing other than ADS on the dashboard, loss of customisation and Clubs removed from Home.
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Sra how are you?
    My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant. I really share your frustration with the Xbox dashboard, which was long awaited, it solved a lot of problems, but it created other problems in my opinion the advertising is really a bit excessive, there are a lot of people complaining on the forums and social networks, unfortunately not there is no way to solve it, we will have to wait for a new update that I believe will occur soon.
  5. powerisstrength Win User

Question about "recent" panel on dashboard.

their is no way of removing the two unwanted items. since the items came with the recent xbox live update, it will be there forever. unless they come up with a new dashboard update.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox live family setting

The new dashboard update removes the sign in restrictions that is coming in a little while
Thema:

1. New Xbox Dashboard Update Removed Access to Clubs - Similar Threads - Dashboard Update Removed

2. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  3. BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...

in XboX Insiders
    BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...: It would be fun to have a galaxy theme or picture theme on the Xbox dashboard. Some people get an Xbox to just message, since they really don't use the phone for messages sometimes. My idea is...
  4. [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work: The first problem we have is our Xbox 360 can't connect to the internet (Error 80151903), but we thought it's okay. While trying to troubleshoot this, we cleared the system updates off the hard...
  5. how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?: I bought an Xbox 360 original model and it seems the old user didn't factory reset the console. I searched for guides on how I could update the system but they were all on the newer dashboard. and...
  6. Why haven't I received the new dashboard update yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received the new dashboard update yet?: Title. It's been about a month since Microsoft began rolling out the new dashboard update. As of my lunch break today (3 hours ago), my consoles have yet to receive the update and I've been...
  7. back to the old dashboard after constant updates

in XboX Insiders
    back to the old dashboard after constant updates: I got the new Xbox dashboard recently, a few months ago, but since then every time I have loaded up my series S it has required an update. When I got on today, it updated the console like it does...
  8. New dashboard update randomizes menu items.

in XboX Insiders
    New dashboard update randomizes menu items.: Got the dashboard update yesterday and was prompted by Microsoft support to turn to Reddit (specifically this sub). My issue is that with the update not only are the menu items in a random order,...
  9. There is no “delta” option for me in the new dashboard update

in XboX Insiders
    There is no “delta” option for me in the new dashboard update: I installed the update but it wasn’t working, then I realized that it was missing the feature to switch it from omega to delta. submitted by /u/austincookin [link] [comments]
  10. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...