New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons)

Discus and support New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All this update seemed to do was flip everything to be horizontal and make it to where i have to hit 3x as many button to accomplish the old things.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SquattingTurtle, Oct 12, 2017.

1. New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons)

All this update seemed to do was flip everything to be horizontal and make it to where i have to hit 3x as many button to accomplish the old things.

Change for the sake of change is terrible.

Also for the love of god make your forums easier to navigate. Just make a feedback forum, games forum, etc and call it a day.

:)

SquattingTurtle, Oct 12, 2017
  2. raiannon
    raiannon Guest
    Controllers disconnecting, please help.

Hey guys! We've been having some luck with a new solution. I'd love it if you guys gave it a try, and let me know if it solves things for you. It seems to be working out for a lot of people. New Xbox dashboard is terrible.  (have to hit 3x as many buttons) :)

1. Remove batteries from the controller

2. Plug the controller into the console with a USB cord

3. Hard reset the console (turn off, remove power source, turn back on)

4. While console is powering on, hit the bind button on the left side 3x

5. After the console is at the Dashboard, hit the bind button on the controller 3x.

6. Profit, because the controller should stay connected now. New Xbox dashboard is terrible.  (have to hit 3x as many buttons) :) Put the batteries back in and go wireless.

raiannon, Oct 12, 2017
  3. raiannon
    raiannon Guest
    Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?

Hey guys! I've heard a lot of people with this problem as well, but I've had multiple users try this solution and it's been working. Give it a try for me. New Xbox dashboard is terrible.  (have to hit 3x as many buttons) :)

1. Remove batteries from the controller

2. Plug the controller into the console with a USB cord

3. Hard reset the console (turn off, remove power source, turn back on)

4. While console is powering on, hit the bind button on the left side 3x

5. After the console is at the Dashboard, hit the bind button on the controller 3x.

6. Profit, because the controller should stay connected now. New Xbox dashboard is terrible.  (have to hit 3x as many buttons) :) Put the batteries back in and go wireless.

raiannon, Oct 12, 2017
  4. New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons)

What could be worse than current - exit one game and five times down before reaching your pinned stuff and anything else you want to start.

First look at youtube new one looked much better, and how I would do it if all were configurable.

More similar to 360 is good - more horizontal in guide.

If X1X had everything completely configurable that would score a lot of points in getting one - for me.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 12, 2017
  5. ..but agree on one thing - this forum is a joke still after one year...if I edit nothing fall through, it takes way to long before last post make thread bump, and you don't see timestamp on last post in thread listing.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 12, 2017
  6. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    You can pull RT once instead of pressing down multiple times. That works on the home screen and in the guide (on the current dashboard). On the upcoming dashboard, that shortcut works on the home screen, but I don't think it works in the guide.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 13, 2017
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Had the new dash for a while now & didn't like it at first but once you get used to it then it's fine.

It's a fair bit quicker than the old dash & customisable.Anything you want quick access to then you add to your home screen.

As for these forums,much feedback has been posted since they changed them but it has all been ignored.

Daft Badger, Oct 13, 2017
  8. New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons)

Thanks for tip, but RT only scrolls view, does not let you position active pinned icon or anything.

It's only LS that move active position it seems.

LT and RT page view dn/up - but active position stays the same.

On video it looked like 5 down was reduced to 2 or so.

I guess MS fine tune dashboard until closer to X1X release and let it out to all of us.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 13, 2017
  9. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    What new version? It's Saturday 14 October 9:42am NZT for me. Maybe it hasn't come out for NZ/Australia yet. Or is it only out for preview program peeps?

My console is saying there's no new version. I'm with Vodafone NZ.

Current version:

OS version

(rs2_release_xbox_1706.170830-1908)

smileskybird, Oct 13, 2017
  10. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    It's still in preview at the moment. It will probably go public some time in the next couple of weeks.

SigmaTheDJ, Nov 1, 2018
  11. SigmaTheDJ Win User

What could be worse than current - exit one game and five times down before reaching your pinned stuff and anything else you want to start.
    You can pull RT once instead of pressing down multiple times. That works on the home screen and in the guide (on the current dashboard). On the upcoming dashboard, that shortcut works on the home screen, but I don't think it works in the guide.
  12. SigmaTheDJ Win User

What new version? It's Saturday 14 October 9:42am NZT for me. Maybe it hasn't come out for NZ/Australia yet. Or is it only out for preview program peeps?
    It's still in preview at the moment. It will probably go public some time in the next couple of weeks.
  13. BookishFlunky90 Win User

..but agree on one thing - this forum is a joke still after one year...if I edit nothing fall through, it takes way to long before last post make thread bump, and you don't see timestamp on last post in thread listing.
  14. BookishFlunky90 Win User

First look at youtube new one looked much better, and how I would do it if all were configurable.

More similar to 360 is good - more horizontal in guide.

If X1X had everything completely configurable that would score a lot of points in getting one - for me.
  15. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Thanks for tip, but RT only scrolls view, does not let you position active pinned icon or anything.

It's only LS that move active position it seems.

LT and RT page view dn/up - but active position stays the same.

On video it looked like 5 down was reduced to 2 or so.

I guess MS fine tune dashboard until closer to X1X release and let it out to all of us.
Thema:

1. New Xbox dashboard is terrible. (have to hit 3x as many buttons) - Similar Threads - dashboard terrible hit

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  10. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...