New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today

Discus and support New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today 4dc0d45e-8004-4c33-9b24-db51f5bd328c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maysarh Shehata1, Nov 10, 2023.

1. New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today

:)

Maysarh Shehata1, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Maysarh Shehata1 Win User

The XBOX is new and the controller is new and the batteries is new and just installed in the controller, the plastic wrap has removed as well, ot looks like it comes dead.

Pleaee advise
  3. [EX] Win User

Hey Maysarh,

I guess you are talking about a battery pack for the Xbox controller only.

If you want to use it you have to connect the controller with the USB cable to the console to charge the pack. Best is to make a full charge the first time.

There should be a charging battery symbol up right on your home screen.

If there is no such a symbol you might have a broken one and have to bring it back to the store for an exchange.
  4. Maysarh Shehata1 Win User

Hello,

It’s rechargeable batteries and now it’s charged but the controller won’t power up without connecting to cable first whatever how long I press the xbox button.

I must connect the controller to the cable first to power on the controller then I can remove it from the cable to keep using on battery.

Is this common?
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Kindly check that the batteries are not wrapped in plastic, avoiding them running out before use.

I hope this helps.
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Are the batteries rechargeable? If so, recharge them. If it is the AA (LR6) batteries, try get a different pair.
Thema:

1. New XBOX controller battery is not working just bought it today - Similar Threads - controller battery working

2. Xbox Controller Battery Pack Sizing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Battery Pack Sizing: Backstory, Bout maybe 6 months ago, I bought a Blue Arctic Cami Xbox controller (officially licensed) with the charging stand (same bundle). I recently got a White Arctic Camo Xbox controller...
  3. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  4. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  5. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  6. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  7. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  8. my xbox one series x controller wont work without batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one series x controller wont work without batteries: my xbox one series x controller works perfectly fine with a cable however when i try using batteries it sometimes blinks a few times then disconnect but sometimes it blinks once and disconnects. i...
  9. Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage...: I wanna buy 2 pieces 14500L 900mAh li-ion batteries and run them on the xbox controller, will these batteries work in the controller? Is there a problem with the controller because it's 7.4v?...
  10. Controller battery pack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery pack not working: My controllers battery kit pack has been charging for about 2 hours and when i unplug the usb from charging the controller doesn’t turn on f32097c5-d898-40bc-b410-3a1ea24c3e64