NEW XBOX APP - WHERE IS THE KEYBOARD SUPPORT!?

Discus and support NEW XBOX APP - WHERE IS THE KEYBOARD SUPPORT!? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've utilized the Xbox Console Companion application since its inception. One great feature they brought to the app was the support of keyboard use.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/T_R_l_C_K_Y, Oct 11, 2020.

1. NEW XBOX APP - WHERE IS THE KEYBOARD SUPPORT!?

I've utilized the Xbox Console Companion application since its inception. One great feature they brought to the app was the support of keyboard use. That is, when I start a message on my xbox, a keyboard will pop-up in the companion application, allowing me to utilize the keyboard hooked up to my PC.

Over the years this feature has gotten spotty to the point that at times I need to reboot my console to get it to reactivate; seems there is a point where the connection between the app and the console disconnects.

I logged into the app this AM to send a friend a message through xbox live only to find they've disabled the messaging feature! Simple states they're moving the feature to the new xbox application.

I'd love to move over, but until they provide keyboard support, I can't do so...

When is this coming?

submitted by /u/T_R_l_C_K_Y
    [link] [comments]

/u/T_R_l_C_K_Y, Oct 11, 2020
  2. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Can a mouse and keyboard be used on Xbox One?

A mouse is not supported at all as of 12/3/15 and keyboard support is limited but more support was added to the dashboard as of the November update to NXOE. Game support and app support for keyboard will be based on the specific game or app and what each
    developer has decided to offer.

There are ideas around bringing full mouse and keyboard support to the system but I've not seen where any plans are confirmed that mouse and keyboard support would exist in games.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Keyboard and mouse support

Hey there arron,

As stated in the
    Mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One
    support article, "Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for every game or app. The game or app publisher must enable this feature
    for their content." You should be fine with most devices.

I hope this helps.
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Keyboard and Mouse for X Box One

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for every game or app. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.

We have this article
    "Mouse and Keyboard support on Xbox One"
    available for you to go over with the information in regards to using a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox One.

Hope this helps.
  5. No One IX Win User

Keyboard and mouse setup

Hi,

There are some limits depending on the game and even in the dashboard on how deep is the support for the keyboard and mouse. So it will vary depending on the app and your usage.

Maybe someone could give you more detailed help if you tell us where or in which app are you having this issue.

I would suggest you to visit this page for a general idea on the support for keyboard and mouse:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/accessories/mouse-keyboard

hope this will helps
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

TECLADO E MOUSE

Hi there Joao,

Thanks for reaching out. Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in
    some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for every game or app. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.

Please take a moment to review the following resource article:
    Mouse and Keyboard Support
    on Xbox One

Hope this helps.
Thema:

NEW XBOX APP - WHERE IS THE KEYBOARD SUPPORT!?

1. NEW XBOX APP - WHERE IS THE KEYBOARD SUPPORT!? - Similar Threads - APP WHERE KEYBOARD

2. Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?: How do I connect my xbox series s to my windows laptop? I want to use my laptop as a monitor. I searched it up and the results are showing the connection tab on the xbox app but the xbox app has a...
  3. Wheres the Xbox app jewel game???

in XBoX on Windows
    Wheres the Xbox app jewel game???: I recently found out from a friend that there's this jewel game in the Xbox app. However when I opened the app on my phone to find it (under the rewards tab) it doesnt exist. Ive checked for...
  4. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  5. Where do I find the “connect” option on pc Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I find the “connect” option on pc Xbox app?: my pc’s Xbox app no longer has the “connect”option for me to stream my Xbox screen to my pc. I’ve updated my Xbox and all that but nothing works. I know remote play works but I’d really like to...
  6. Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?: Hi, I previously used to do this... [img] I used to check the status of my network in the Xbox Console Companion app. Since this app is no longer available on Windows 11, please tell me where...
  7. Where It's the folder of app(Minecraft Launcher)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where It's the folder of app(Minecraft Launcher)?: In windows 11, not appear the "Minecraft Launcher" App, so i not find in all folders. a54c94d9-8f63-468b-9ad1-89c6b8753a90
  8. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...
  9. How do I fix the issue when trying to login to the Xbox app on pc where it says "An illegal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix the issue when trying to login to the Xbox app on pc where it says "An illegal...: When I tried to login to minecraft in the minecraft launcher it said "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x8000000D)" which I searched up and...
  10. Is anyone else on PC having issues with the Xbox App/Microsoft Game Store where the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else on PC having issues with the Xbox App/Microsoft Game Store where the Xbox...: The Xbox App would present a black screen with a white Xbox logo but would not load further and I was unable to exit out of the app (aside from using task manager). I attempted repairs that didn't...